Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Brewing The Potions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Damien Cade Masterson
Healer
Healer
Damien Cade Masterson

Brewing The Potions Empty
PostSubject: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 am

Cade smiled at his gathered crew. In the last month he'd advanced to potioneer at St. Mungos. He had a group of understudies. Some seventh years, some graduates. "Great, today we're finishing up the Wolfsbane and handing it out to the wizards in need. Please go to your stations and make sure you read and do the potions exactly as stated. I will be monitoring your work." He said and watched the workers go off to potion making. He wandered around the room and touched one students shoulder. "Good work, you can deliver the potions when they're done."
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 am

Gavin nodded at his teacher and kept working, bottling and capping his potion. He went around collecting them and tested them for accurate results. He nodded his head to Cade and smiled. Cade congratulated the groups for creating a successful batch and released the lab then nodded back to Gavin. "They'll be in Wing 7, waiting for you."

Gavin nodded and took the potions out into the hallway, opening the door to Wing 7. "Wolfsbane?" He asked and there were a few immediate jumpers that acted as if the potions was a lifeline and needed it now. Then there were the more patient. One stood out to Gavin and his eyes rested on the male. "Sir?" He called out and took the last potion as the others fled off into their now-happier worlds.

He knelt by the man. "Here." He said, placing it in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:02 am

After the mess he made the last time he turned Gluke insisted that he went to St. Mungos to get a potion that could help. Not really trusting anything related to werewolves, he read anything that he could find before.

Despite being a werewolf for a few months, he still had not come to terms with his condition. First, he was no longer a hunter and not allowed anywhere near the association. He grimaced, all his life had been at headquarters, all his friends, his own family. His father had sent him to one of his friends as had yet to bother showing his face since the attach.

Liam had arrived early and watched as more and more werewolves gathered in the same room. Uncomfortable was an understatement. He was a hunter! Instead of watching as they talked to one another Liam sat by the window, ready to jump if something happened and hoped that none of the werewolves recognized him.

He was tired, he should have known that nothing involving Gluke would be easy and yet he offered to help him with his work. His attention was brought back by the cold glass in contact with his skin. He had fallen asleep.

"Sorry" Liam controlled the urge to move away from the person in front of him. "I must have fallen asleep" he glanced around the now empty room. The man looked to be his age, with piercing blue eyes that for some reason made him uncomfortable.

That was definitely a first, being intimidated by an ordinary wizard. What was happening to him? Liam quickly stood placing the potion inside his black backpack and squaring his shoulders. "Thank you"

Back to top Go down
http://the-dark-arts.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93489
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 am

"Don't thank me. Thank the lab... Don't forget to take a drink each night this week otherwise the effect won't be as nice." He said and smiled, the man seemed awfully jumpy. He seemed so sad and haunted. This is why Gavin decided to work all summer at St. Mungos, to lift the spirits high of people in need.

"Trust me, you're lucky to fall asleep. They all seemed.... writhing with energy. They can scare me at times, I forget that they are wizards just like me with a really sad circumstance. They can be innocent one day and vicious the next." His face drained of color. "I'm so sorry, you're... You know this. I'm sorry!" His eyes went wide and he covered them with his hand.

"I'm going to... go... now." He was embarrassed to say the least. He then turned and dug in his pocket. "Here." He said and pushed another vial into the mans hands. "It's to help the scratches and scarring... You... You're newly turned... right?"

Gavin had done his studying, this was the field he wanted to be in. Counseling these kinds of wizards.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:19 am

"Don't worry" Liam tried not to laugh at his reaction. Yes, he knew exactly how vicious werewolves were. He watched as the man moved away only to turn back and hand him another potion. Liam barely registered what he asked.

"... yeah." He stuffed his hands in his pocket. "About six months." Liam didn't know what possessed him to strike up a conversation, specially about this topic, he just didn't talk about it.

"Aren't you a bit young to be working here?" Liam had just finished school himself.

Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:24 am

"I help during the summers. This is my second summer, and I wanna do this for the rest of my life. I have to learn how to speak without offending someone first though." He said and smiled. "I'm just an aid, they hire them for good reports on resumes and free labor. But... it's nice to learn how to make the potions and I know it's extra practice for my NEWTS."

He then looked up at the green eyes, they were hiding something dark and it could easily be the anger of the wolf and he didn't want to test it. "I'm sorry for your... condition." He said and gave a curt nod. He looked back at the doors he came through. He frowned and looked back at the man. "Hey, I just got off, would you maybe like a cup of coffee upstairs? They've got a decent machine, it's not the best but... it's free?"
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:37 am

Liam had been right, he was still in school, probably Hogwarts. He tried to remember if he had seen him before but came up blank. He was a year younger and Liam had only been there for his last semester, that could be why.

There was something about this guy, he just didn't know what it was that made him want to stay. Liam smiled. "As long as they know you're not trying to offend them, you should be fine. But I still think you're crazy for wanting to deal with this crap for the rest of your life"

"Sure" He replied after checking his watch, he had a couple hours before he was needed home. It would be nice to make some new friends.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:50 am

"So, I haven't seen you around before, what do you do for a living?" He asked as he dug in his bag and pulled on his paper boy hat and walked to the elevator with him, pressing the up button. He looked at the male with a genuine smile.

"THAT is why I want to deal with this 'crap' for years. Because you don't understand why I would want to. I don't pretend to understand the shit you all go through, your entire lives once turned. But I want to help, I want to make some part of the transition easier, be there to talk to, be someone who can make a werewolf smile when in the end.... they know it's going to hurt no matter what."

He sighed and held up two fingers to the barista as they entered the top floor. He put on his glasses and sat on a stool. "Hey Marisol." He said and smiled. She waved quietly and looked at the other male. Her own eyes flashed a bright yellow as she recognized another wolf and she gave a curt nod, then went to making the coffees.

"She's been like this for as long as I've known her. She doesn't talk, doesn't even cry when she's turned and she refuses to take the potion. She says it's not natural." He smiled sadly. "Her signing is excellent, can you sign?"
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:11 am

"I'm new in town" He shrugged. "And haven't really been looking for job yet, just trying to get used to this place." Liam was being purposely vague, it's not like he could tell him that he had been kicked out of his home after the attack.

"So you want to be a psychologist of sorts" He glanced around as they exited the elevator only to stop on his tracks. Instincts kicking in, he immediately reached for his gun. He watched as the guy greeted the barista and let go of the gun hidden behind his back and letting his jacket disguise it.

"not natural?" Liam snorted sitting across from him and keeping the other werewolf in view. "What's normal about werewolves?" He shook his head. "It's nothing more than a disease. A contagious and incurable disease" He realized he was getting worked up about it and stopped talking. That is why he didn't talk about it, it just made him want to break stuff.

"Can't say I'm good at it. I haven't used it in a long time" He brushed his hair back.

Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:24 am

Gavin's eyes watched the male brush his hair back and he made a mental note to close his mouth so he didn't look like a gaping fish. "Don't be so tense..." He said and smiled, "You can relax here." He said and nodded as two drinks were pushed towards them. Gavin's coffee was topped with cream and chocolate sprinkles and a quarter slice of strawberry. "Mmmmm..." He said and stuck a straw in it.

"Werewolves have always been around Liam." He said quietly, "they're normal to the world, they have always been in stories, some stories even portraying them as the good side. They are as normal as faeries, giants, unicorns and centaurs. They just have a sadder portrayal..."

Marisol looked at Liam and frowned, turning slowly to Gavin. She raised her arm to show the scar and pointed. She took off her apron and signed -I'll be back when he's gone-.

Gavins eyes widened and he stirred his coffee silently, not saying anything to the girl. "You have great disdain for yourself, don't you?" He asked quietly, staring into his cup.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:35 am

He watched as Marisol walked away and only after she was gone he relaxed. "Nothing good came from being a werewolf" He shook his head to clear his head as the memory of his best friend being ripped into pieces before him came to mind.

"You're free to think whatever you want." He took a sip of his coffee. "I probably should keep my mouth shut around them" He nodded in the direction the werewolf had exited.

At times like this that Liam questioned why had he decided to stay. "Anyways, I never got your name." He looked at the guy next to him.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:54 am

Gavin looked up at the male and frowned. "You don't get me." He said quietly and frowned. "It's sad that the one creature I want to help doesn't understand why I want to help." He took a sip of his coffee as he thought. "My name is Gavin McNeil." He held out his hand to the man, not sure what to say.

"She believes you're a hunter. Her hunter, actually. That's why she left." He looked down. "I'm not criticizing nor am I going to believe either side unless you concur, but not all werewolves mind if you talk badly about them. I'm sure you'd feel relieved if you met someone as downward feeling as you in the same position."

He then stirred the coffee a bit and slipped the strawberry past his lips.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:07 am

"No, I don't. But again, I don't understand myself most of the time" Liam spoke before taking a sip of his coffee. "I think is very noble of you for trying. I'm sure there are... people out there who will want help" Liam shook his hand. "Now don't be all depressed about it. I'm not exactly a role model of werewolf antics. I'm sure you'll find werewolves who will think like you"

Hunter? You have no idea. Liam smirked as he watched Gavin eat the strawberry. "Rest assured, I wouldn't hurt her, even if I were her hunter. She's not dangerous."

"As for finding other werewolves, I think I'll pass" He finished his coffee. "I'm better off alone"
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 am

"Boy are you a downer! Stop being so negative, you will live life happier once you know you're not alone. And you're better off having someone to help and support you. But who am I to talk, I just make your transitions hurt a hell of a lot less." He said and sighed. "You won't remember me after today anyway unless I give out the potions next month."

He put down a tip on the counter for Marisol, added a lid to his cup and slid the straw through the top. "I'm always here.... if you need me or want to talk. But until you can come to terms with yourself, I don't know how to help you. I'm sorry." He said and waved softly.

"I'm going home now and.... I think I need to tell Marisol she can come back to work. I'll see you in a month... maybe. Good luck... Liam." He said and tipped his hat towards the male and pushed away from the counter quietly.

Gavin knew exactly who he was, he had a file on all the registered werewolves. He knew when he'd been turned, everything was documented. He just wanted to see if the man would lie to him. He ran his teeth over his lip as he walked away, confused at the males antics.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:25 am

"Thanks, I guess" Liam watched Gavin leave before grabbing his backpack and doing the same.

"Strange day, strange people" He muttered under his breath and checked the time. He still had two more hours. "I think I'll walk around some more" He decided, stuffing his hands back in his pockets.

He took his time leaving the hospital and headed to Diagon Alley. There were some things that he needed to buy close to the area but he preferred to wait until it was time to head home.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:49 am

**Continued From The Forest**

A few rushed hours later left a filled hospital of recovering werewolves, interviewers and tired emergency staff. Gavin had a candy cigarette stick, basically a stick of sugar permanently in his mouth, rolling it between his teeth, licking it with his tongue to keep him awake. He pulled Liams and Rene's boards from the ends of their beds in their room and smiled. He touched the girls arm and smiled as she woke. "Hey there." He said and rose a finger to his lips to tell her to stay quiet and calm.

"How are you feeling?" They had not been able to replace her ear, but they had grown her hair out longer to hide the abnormality. She looked scared and he smiled. "Your parents just went to go get you some food, they'll be back in just a minute. Do you think you'll be okay if I give you a potion? Think you could drink it for me?" She looked scared but nodded. "Good girl." He said and then unpocketed a small vial and tipped it against her lips. The weak child drank it and he smiled. "Good.... Look, here's your parents now. Try and eat, alright sweety?" He scratched off notes on her board and hung it up, walking to Liams bed.

"Howdy Partner." He said and pressed two fingers to his wrist, checking his pulse. "Good." He said and tilted his chin. "Wake up, Liam. Come on..." He said and touched the males forehead. "Your fever is gone, let me see those green eyes. We've gotta make sure the wolfs all gone for now." He sighed and smiled sadly. "People want to interview you, you have to look good for the camera's okay?"
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:04 am

Liam woke up in a room that was definitely not his. Someone was talking to him as he opened his eyes.
"I'm never taking that potion again" He rubbed his face, he was still feeling tired but at least he was not in pain.

He looked Gavin "What did you say?" It wasn't hard to spot the little girl. "Good, you found her" He leaned against his pillow, checking his wounds or what was left of them.

It took him a while for what Gavin said to sink in but once it did he jumped out of the bed. "No, hell, no! No reporters." He looked for his backpack. "I have to go" That was as close to panic as Liam had ever been. No one could know.

"If my name comes out on the news, I'm dead meat, Gavin. I need to go" He paced the room watching the door.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 am

Gavin frowned. "Li-Liam! Will you get back in bed?! You're not... fully... GET BACK IN BED THIS INSTANT!" The girl jumped and Gavin stood, shut the door and closed the shades. "They don't have your name yet, we have to have release papers for that. But you killed a seriously bad man, you did good. From what it looked like, you saved Rene. You should be proud of that fact."

He let out a soft sigh and rubbed his temples. "If you don't want to be interviewed, I'll give them an anonymous statement. What would you like to tell them?" He asked as he pushed Liam back towards the bed. "Lay down." He said and frowned. "You're scaring her." He whispered and looked up into his eyes.

"Your leg is not fully healed, the longer you're on it, the longer I can keep you here. So sit. Down. Now."
Back to top Go down
Gluke Barroy
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Gluke Barroy

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 am

"That won't be necessary" Gluke spoke leaning against the closed door, arms crossed in front of him ass he watched the scene.

"I already took care of the reporters, someone else is taking the credit for the hunt. Now back to bed." He moved closer to the two boys waiting for Liam to relax. "You left this in the woods" He handed him the backpack and a set of clothes before taking Liam's file and reading it through.

"Not bad for a werewolf" He smirked.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:51 am

"Excuse me?!" He took back the board and stood up to the man. "Back off, he's my patient. I don't know you, you need to get out." He took a step back and held the board to his chest. He hoped he didn't see the background check they ran on Liam, he really hoped he didn't.

"Get. Out." He said, his back to Liam, wanting to protect him. But it wasn't a shocker that Gavin was kind of small, non-intimidating. "Leave this place, you have NO right to be here. We are in private care and you... You don't have gloves or a mask on!" Neither did Gavin, but he figured if he'd contacted the virus it would have been before the wolves transformed back.

It was just protocol though, and Gavin hated protocol.
Back to top Go down
Gluke Barroy
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Gluke Barroy

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:56 am

"I can see you are being taken care of" Gluke spoke clearly amused by the healer before turnig to leave.

He could have flashed in Unspeakable badge but preffered not to cause a comotion. People were bound to ask questions and the last thing Liam needed was gossip.

"See you at diner" Gluke called from the door before leaving.

Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 am

"Later, G" Liam smirked. "Was that really necessary?" He turned to Gavin before opening his bag and checking the contents. Everything was still there, his gun, silver bullets, stakes and other weapons along with a first aid kit and his wallet. He sighed leaning against the pillows.

"How long do I have to be here?" He was more than ready to leave.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 am

Gavin frowned and wrote at the bottom of his board he was free to go. "There. Leave. Whatever." He said and threw the board at the foot of the bed. "Rene, will you be all right for a bit?" The little girl nodded and he'd realized she knew her ear was gone. She'd coped while still in wolf form.

"The next time I save the wolves, I'll remember to skip over you because you don't feel you're important enough." He said and walked out the door. He took off his healers robes as he walked down the hallway. His ordinary clothes were still covered in blood, but it had dried, and he'd rather that then the robes that held no authority.

He hated being looked down upon, it was like nothing had changed, nothing ever would.

Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 am

"What. the. hell." Liam watched as Gavin left not knowing what to do. "This kid is going to be the death of me." he muttered under his breath. "OY! Get back here! I'm not supposed to walk remember!?" He yelled and the little girl giggled. "Fine! Be that way."

Liam laid back in bed and waited for his temperamental nurse to come back. "I didn't do anything" he mumbled to himself.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:31 am

Gavin growled and rubbed his temples. He bit his lip, not sure what to do. He leaned back into the room, not showing his bloody outfit for the girls sake. He looked at Liam and rose an eyebrow. "You want my opinion? Don't call me kid, don't demand me to do things, and remember, this is a VOLUNTEER position. I didn't have to be out there this morning picking up your bloody remains. Take the potion on your bedside table, sleep it off, then leave in the morning. I've worked a double shift now with no pay, I have a cat I have to go take care of where I live and to me... The cats a lot more important than some mangy dog." He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Woof."

He sighed and looked at Rene's parents. "They'll assign a new doctor to her, I quit."

The little girl started to scream her protest and Gavin frowned. Why should she care? He'd only threaded a wound or two, that's all. He was nothing to her. Anyone could have done that. Her mother looked pleadingly at Gavin and he sighed, throwing his robe back on and entering the room.

"Don't leave.... Please don't leave me." Gavins frown increased as he knelt by her bed. He took her hand and clutched it tight. "Rene, you are strong, and good hearted. You have nothing to worry about, you've got nice parents and I'm sure you are going home to a nice house. Don't be so sad. I'm just very very tired, I will continue saving the wolves for as long as I live."

Gavin pressed a kiss to her forehead and she blushed, clinging to him. She held on and he closed his eyes. No one ever wanted him around, he got used to that... But this was out of his boundary of understanding. He looked out the window, ignoring Liam. "I won't quit, okay Rene?" He asked and she smiled, nodding. "I'll see you tomorrow, but I need to sleep for just a little bit. Will you feel better if I sleep in the hospital tonight? I can be here in just a few minutes if you need me. Just press the little button right there." He pointed to the button smiled, pushing it and showing how his beeper in his robe went off. He clicked it again and it stopped.

"See? You have a straight line to me, no one else." He kissed the top of her head and he sighed. "Lay down, you should rest." He stood and walked to Liam. "You need to lay down, get off your leg and rest. I'll make sure they bring you food, but no more quests, got it? Not unless they're authorized." He frowned. "Your leg should be healed by tomorrow morning, you're free to leave then."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brewing The Potions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next