Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Brewing The Potions

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

Brewing The Potions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:43 am

Liam fought the urge to irritate Gavin even more. People back home were used to his way of dealing with things, Gavin actually took him serious so Liam just nodded.

For a moment he felt like the old days, when he actually fit in. The days when he was someone that mattered. Now, all he did was get in people's ways, he was a burden, he knew that from the moment his father had sent him away, even before he found out we could no longer go home.

That night had changed it all, destroyed it all. The one mistake he made had cost him his best friend and his happiness. If only he had not been so careless, everything would've been fine.

He closed his eye, he was not going to cry. He had no one to blame but himself and now he would just have to suck it up and deal with it. Starting by not being a burden.

He was an adult now.
Back to top Go down
http://the-dark-arts.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93489
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:49 am

Gavin frowned and then closed the curtains around the male, which automatically put up a silence protection. No sound in or out. He looked at Liam, at the look on his face. He'd seen it before and he took a step forward. He didn't know how to approach the subject. "Are..." He stopped and fixed the males leg on the bed and reached up, touching his forehead again, excuses to touch him.

"Are you alone?" He whispered, he knew no one could hear him, but it was a whisperkind of conversation.

"In the world.... Are you alone?" He sat beside him on the bed, toes touching the ground. He couldn't help but ask, the look on his face was something Gavin wanted to erase. "No one can hear us.... Just talk, okay. Call it practice for my future."
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:03 am

Liam snorted. That's what he was, practice. "Define alone." Liam didn't bother to look at Gavin this time. His mood had turned for the worse.

He didn't what to be an experiment. He didn't have to put up with that, not anymore, he was in England and he wasn't a hunter anymore. He was a nobody and as such, he reserved the right to refuse to be used as practice.

He was probably over reacting, but that's how he felt. He was tired of being used and that tossed away once he wasn't needed anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:08 am

Gavin pulled his legs up onto the bed, sitting kind of squished, but more personable. "I mean... Are you alone? Do you have a home? A REAL home? Parents? Siblings? That you can go home to every night? I've read your files but things are hazy. Since you turned, you seem to be... lost."

He frowned, not wanting to upset him further. "Mine don't want me. My parents. They would prefer it if I never existed. I had a brother who loved me and he disappeared. My parents only ever loved him, and we both knew it. I don't go home by choice, they don't look for me by choice. I don't get Christmas Presents.... And it hurts and I'm alone. Are you alone?" He asked and frowned. "That wasn't your father was it? He seemed to care, however.... harsh he appeared to be." He whispered and his eyes slid up to Liams.

"Can you talk to me?"
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 am

"My family... it's classified information" He spoke with no hint of emotion. "That man is the only one who will come near me"

"I'm not lost, most of the information that you have is not even accurate, it's not open for the public, not even the Ministry" He sighed. "I'm not you average patient, Gavin." And I already know how messed up my life is, no need to point that out. he thought.

"As for your family, I think you're better off without them" Liam kept his business tone. VanDukes never showed weaknesses. "You seem to be doing well" At least better than me.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:40 am

"That is because I have never not once in my life had parents. I had money providers and names on my birth certificate. I was unwanted from the very beginning. I had it better off than you. I didn't grow up thinking I would have supporters until I was of age. So I am worried about you. Are you alone?"

The boy sighed and took his hand. "I run a shelter just past Diagon Alley. If you ever want something or need help and you cant find me here. That is where I will be. It's not just for werewolves, although we have some like Marisol. But I also shelter this seven year old vampire, and these twins who grew up thinking they were talking to themselves. I have abandoned kids, I have adults with nowhere else to go. I have beds, some are a little worn down, but they're better than the floor and I promise a warm meal at least once a day."

He bit his lip. "If you're alone, and just want to talk... don't hesitate... alright? Look for the door with the star above it. Ask the shopkeeper if they have any bread and they will know where to send you..." He said and sighed. "I'm the healer there. I'm serious, if you need anything." He hoped the man understood that the shelter was entirely illegal and couldn't ever be spoke of.

He was a doing a good thing, it was just against the law. He sighed and he squeezed the males hand. "I need to go get a nap and tell Marisol to collect for dinner since it seems I won't be able to make it." he said and smiled sadly. "Have a good night, Liam."
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm

"I have a place to live" At first he was offended that Gavin would think he was homeless. Surely he looked better than that. He brushed his fingers through his hair feeling very self conscious. As a VanDuke, he was very proud, brought up with the best in everything. He needed to get his act together, appearance was everything in the world. He probably looked like crap at the moment, especially if some random kid was taking pity on him.

Liam almost laughed at the mention of the twins, Gavin really seemed to care about helping people, even to the point where we would risk getting in trouble with the ministry. "You can get in a lot of trouble for that" Gavin probably already knew that but he had to warn him. Liam didn't agree with the Ministry on many things, the way they ran the place was just wrong.

"what about your cat?" He felt bad about having him stay at the hospital. "You know, there's no way she could tell if you left or not. I won't tell" He smiled.

Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:01 pm

"Just because you have a place to live doesn't mean you have a place to talk." He said and caught the hand going through his hair. He squeezed it as the male talked. He dropped his hand and nodded, "Yes I could. Hence why the shades are drawn and they can't hear me. I hope you tell no one, because that IS my home. You take it away and you take away a LOT of homes."

He sighed and shook his head. "Cat is an animagus. I have no fear, she'll be alright." He said and then slid off the bed. "Have a good night, I'll be back at day break."
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 pm

"I won't tell" Liam winked at Gavin. "Night" He waited until Gavin left before getting comfortable in the hospital bed. What the hell just happened? He wondered. Did I just winked at another bloke?

"Stupid disease" He muttered annoyed. Liam hated hospitals with a passion, obviously he was not going to show it but that didn't mean he wanted to be there any longer than necessary.

Technically he could leave, Gavin had signed the release and he doubted anyone would be able to stop him so why didn't he? Why? That was one good question and he didn't have an answer to that.

Maybe because, his leg was not fully healed yet or was it because of Gavin, the guy was going out of his way to help him and he felt bad about leaving. Maybe, because of all the drama that had happened.

Liam smiled remembering Gavin's reaction when he saw Gluke and somewhere while remembering the events of the past night he fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:51 am

**The next month**

Gavin walked out with the tray, not sure what he'd do if he saw Liam. He still had the bag of money where he'd replaced everything he spent. He kept it in his back pocket, waiting for this day. "Wolfsbane." He started handing out the potions one by one, his hair pinned back on his head today to keep out of his eyes, it was in a serious need of a cut.

He bit his lip as the crowd thinned, his eyes searching for Liam.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 am

Liam walked normally into the hospital. He was back to his usual self, nice clothes and perfect posture. No wonder people kept staring at him. Everything was fine, except he was a werewolf.

He had been drinking some experimental potions that Gluke had arranged for him but his godfather still insisted that he take the Wolfsbane and this time without slacking off. They were going to monitor him to see how he responded to it. It the potion worked properly, he would be himself, only in a wolf's body. That wasn't so bad in Liam's eyes, his fear was that the potion would not work and Gluke would have to knock him out again.

Despite his insecurities, Lian looked sure of himself as he walked into the room, there weren't that many people there, maybe four or five so he waited, leaning against the wall.

Yes, he was an arrogant git, and he loved every minute of it. The other werewolves seemed scared of him, there weren't many rich werewolves or maybe they just didn't like him.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

He was there. Gavin's heart stopped as he spotted him and he looked down. He didn't know what to say to him, how to... He kissed him for Godric's sake! He bloody kissed him and what did he get? A stubborn asshole shoving charity into his pockets! What's so wrong with wanting normalcy for the first time in his life? He just wanted to be liked.

He took a step forward and set the vial and the bag of money down. "You... You know how to contact me." He said and lowered his eyes. "I still... I still like you... It's not going to change. It just hurts worse..." He said and nodded. "I'm sorry I entered your life." He set down the tray and reached into his back pocket for his wallet and pulled out his photo of him as a child with his twin brother.

Both were shirtless and their wings were out. You could tell by their pants who was more cared for, and the fact the picture was really of Joscha, not Gavin. But you could see the other twin in the background, wings out and a bruise under his eye. He didn't say anything as he handed the photo to Liam. "I'm sure you wanted to see.... Everyone else does."
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Liam moved in front of the door, blocking his way. They were the only two left in that room. Uncrossing his arms he grabbed Gavin by the shoulders and waited until the healer looked at him. He didn't bother to take the picture, the money or the potion. Behind him the door closed and locked itself.

"I need you to listen to me, Gavin" He spoke when Gavin still wouldn't look up. "I didn't give you that because I pitied you, I have no reason to pity you. I do, however have a problem with taking the money back."

"Werewolf or not, I'm still a VanDuke, there are things expected of me. I am to help anyone in need of help, no questions asked. It's fine if you don't want the money, at least take it for the people that depend on you. That money is yours, I will not take it back, give it to someone else, throw it away, I don't care what you do with it, but I'm not taking it." He tried not to get angry at Gavin, Liam didn't understand why was it so hard for him to accept that he wanted to help. "I'm helping because I can, not because I think you need charity or whatever you think is the case."

He glanced down at the picture. Feeling nothing but anger at his parents, how could they treat a young child like that, it was beyond wrong, it was unforgivable. "You're parents are worthless and if you spend the rest of your life looking at yourself by their standards that's what you'll be." He sighed pulling Gavin into a hug. "There's plenty of people who think the world of you, Gavin. Listen to them instead." He whispered. "I think you're great" Liam looked him in the eye when he said that.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Gavin looked up at the man with wide, appreciative eyes as he spoke and then he dropped his face and leaned against his chest. He wrapped his arms around the male and in some kind of weird hug, he clung to the man. Not many people told him that, not many people cared. "I don't believe people can see me as anything more than what they made me, but hearing you say it is nice." He whispered.

"I don't want you to think I'm helpless, because I'm not. I've always gotten by and I always will get by. I don't NEED more than that so when you offer your help it confuses me. Do I accept it because it will make my life easier, or do I reject it because I can do just fine on my own by relying on scraps?"

He pulled away and looked into those dark eyes and took his hand quietly, clasping it in his softly. "Money makes people like me weak... I don't want to be weak, to stop relying on scraps and start relying on money, because money doesn't last. People will always throw away food...." He whispered and frowned.

"And the kids... They'll question where I got it and get a bad idea, thinking I stole it or did something stupid like trade sexual favors for it or something. It's why I wanted you to tell them, so when they asked why, YOU could explain it." He said and frowned. "I'm sorry I kissed you though. That shouldn't have happened. I was just angry and sad and...." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 pm

"So you choose the hard way on purpose? That doesn't sound very smart to me." Liam rolled his eyes at Gavin. "You don't have to stop doing what you've been doing, just use the money for emergencies then." He understood where he came from but that didn't mean he couldn't accept outside help.

What Liam didn't like was how people would assume he did something bad, just because he got money. "Why would they think so lowly of you? Have you given them any reasons to think that?" Liam raised an eyebrow. The idea of Gavin doing something that stupid was laughable even to him, and he barely knew Gavin.

"I don't feel comfortable around other werewolves, Gavin and I doubt they will feel comfortable around me." He confessed. It was hard to change a 18 years of thinking werewolves were bad. He knew not all werewolves were bad, but he had too many bad experiences to be at ease around one. He still carried his gun everywhere he went.
"Old habits are hard to kill." He shrugged.

"No worries" Liam stepped closer to Gavin closing the space between them before capturing his mouth in a quick kiss. The kiss was fast and a second later Liam was already at the door. "And I like your hair better the other way." He winked and dissapeared out the door.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 pm

Gavin tilted his head. "No, but that's the world we live in. That's how you get things in my world." He whispered and then gasped as he was kissed. It was short and to the point but Gavin smiled after it was done. He took a stumbling step back and his eyes lightened slightly and he touched his lips as the man disappeared. "THAT WAS WEAK!" He yelled out, laughing, not bothering to chase him. He'd be seeing him that Sunday for the change anyway.

He smiled and spun on his heals with a blush, running up the stairs to tell Marisol. She didn't like him, but she was glad Gavin did. All of a sudden he stopped and turned, looking at the seat the male sat at, where a potion, a small bag of money and a tranq shot lay. His eyes widened, "Shit."

He grabbed everything and darted out the doors to find the man. "LIAM!" He yelled and frowned. He didn't like his hair... That's what he said. No... What he said was he liked it the other way better. He had to force himself not to be upset, to believe the truth. He held the button on his robe and sighed. "Front doors, stop Liam VanDuke from leaving." He got a confirmation and heard the door lock and he sighed, happy that he could stop the man.

"Liam!" He said as he caught up with the male and handed him his potion and tranq. "It's only if you need it." He said, still flushed. "But the potion you need anyway so take it. EVERY night." He said and flushed deeper, turning and walking away, not sure what to say as he pressed his button again. "Doors open." They unlocked and slid open for any one who wished to enter or exit.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Liam frowned as the doors wouldn't open. "What now?" He glared at the door. He had gone to buy some books that he rather not be seen with in public and almost forgot to come get the potion. He sighed, ruffling his hair in frustration. He was on a tight schedule.

"LIAM!" He turned around to see Gavin running in his direction and half the lobby now watched him. Crap, he had forgotten the potion. "Thanks, I guess I got distracted" He smirked watching Gavin blush and walk away. He was going to have fun teasing the healer.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brewing The Potions   Brewing The Potions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brewing The Potions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion :: First Floor-
Jump to: