Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes

Go down 
+2
Thomas Lupin
Aluin Destan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aluin Destan
Potions Professor
Potions Professor
Aluin Destan

Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes Empty
PostSubject: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:55 pm

Aluin slammed the door shut, throwing the lock down and swept to the front of his classroom. He looked paler than normal, not having left his quarters for a few days. He was pretty much sticking to himself. "Good morning class." He said and grabbed three drinks, setting them down in front of particular students.

"Drink." He told Angelo Roncalli, setting down a pinkish purple mixture.

"Drink." He set down a green mixture in front of Rose Saunders. He smirked at her and chuckled. He truly was devious.

"Drink." He set the final blood red mixture in front of Thomas Celare.

"While these three students are trusting me not to kill them, I want..." He smiled at Lyrick Hale and Keegan Parker, you two and..." He pointed. "Gaspard Kylar, to come up here and pick an ingredient out of my hand. We're going to play healer today."

Aluin waited for the ingredients to take effect as the pinkish purple mixture would make Angelo foam at the mouth, but easily be able to breathe through his nose, the the foam would taste like strawberries.

Rose Saunders drink would undoubtably make her pass out for a few minutes and wake up dazed... if cured.

And poor Thomas Celare. He would break out in sweats, his face would turn bright yellow and his tongue would swell. His fingernails might turn colors... That was a side effect he could live with.

He held out a bezoar, a mandrake root, and a few bits of valerian. "Depending on the ingredients I've given you, you will make a one minute potion as seen on the board, and you will only have one chance to determine who your antidote is for." He handed Keegan the valerian, Gaspard the bezoar and Lyrick the mandrake root.

--Potion 1--
Ingredients:
Bezoar
Water

Make water warm temperature, crush bezoar and drop bits of it in until potion turns dark red. Bottle it and shake for thirty seconds before letting the narcoleptic sniff the fumes. They shall awaken momentarily.

--Potion 2--
3 Valerian Cuts
1/4 Ounce of white dust
1/2 cup of water

Mix water and dust together until it makes a soupy mixture. Add high heat and cuts instantly and top off cauldron, letting it steam for thirty seconds. Pour immediately and pour down nose of the being with the swollen appendage. They will most likely choke at first, but remain calm, they will go into a 'high' state for a few minutes. They won't remember a thing.

--Potion 3--
Mandrake Root
1/4 cup of pumpkin juice

Split mandrake root into shreds and roll until dry in your hands put dried, wrinkled mandrakes in pumpkin juice, mix until it begins to sizzle and pour on infectants head. Foam should stop within seconds. A strange burst of fruit flavors should be smelled around the being for days.

"Get to work."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Thomas had made sure to be on class on time today. He didn't want to chance being late and getting a low mark for this class. He needed Potions among other classes, and was determined to not fail it, no matter how difficult it may get. He resolved himself to. He noticed that Professor Destan seemed slightly out of sorts, however he couldn't quite place why, but he knew that Thomas hadn't seem him other than in lessons and the first Elite meeting.

He had a potion of some sorts given to him, it being blood-red in colour. He knew he was trying to be over-analytical about it, but he tried to remember each of the potion features, but the blood-red colour was all that stuck. He didn't ask any questions upon being told to drink, he just took the potion an drank it without a second thought. The Professor wouldn't poison him fatally after all, firstly he would likely lose his job, secondly Thomas held some sort of extra importance, though he wasn't about to start bragging about it.

Once Professor Destan heard the other students in the class being told that they were going to 'Play Healer' Thomas wondered what he had imbibed. Perhaps some mild poison? Or maybe it was just similar to a pranking potion. He shrugged to himself, wondering what Professor Destan told them to do next. After a couple of minutes he started to feel a little warmer than usual, but shrugged it off. Then it started to get worse, and he started to feel his face tingle a little, though he didn't know what was happening then. If there were more effects, then they obviously hadn't happened yet, but in due course they likely would.

Thomas just hoped the antidote would be completed in time.
Back to top Go down
Rose Saunders
Prefect
Prefect
Rose Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Rose walked into class quickly, she had woken up late and had been afraid she wouldn't make it. She sighed in relief when she only noticed one other student there. She hurriedly took a seat at the table next to him and waited patiently. Only a few minutes of silence passed before the room began to fill up and she jumped slightly as Professor Destan slammed the door shut.

When Professor Destan placed the potion in front of her she drank it without a thought. She trusted her teachers not to hurt her, but her brow furrowed as her continued explaining the assignment. From the sounds of it, she had imbibed a poison of some sort and her fellow students were entrusted with curing them. She glanced toward the other two people and smiled a little nervously. She wasnt one to put her life in the hands of others.

She bit her lip anxiously, she hoped Gaspard, Lyrick and Keegan knew what they were doing. She had talked to each of them outside of classes and they seemed very capable. She sighed heavily, there was really no need to worry. Things would happen the way they happened and if need be she knew Peofessor Destan would help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1348109/oxtenshixo

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Keegan walked into his potions classroom and his jaw dropped once Professor Destan made Angelo, Tommy, and Rose drink potions. Keegan bit his bottom lip in worry once Angelo began foaming from the mouth, of course he was handed ingredients that weren't for Angelo but for Tommy, this would be difficult, making a potion when he was worried for his boyfriend.

--Potion 2--
3 Valerian Cuts
1/4 Ounce of white dust
1/2 cup of water

Keegan grabbed the ingredients and got started on the potion, this is what would happen in his career, so this would only prepare him for real life. Keegan looked over at Angelo and mouthed "Deep calm breaths." Professor Destan was absolutely mad! How could he do this to his students? Keegan wiped a tear from his face and smiled at Tommy "Let's get you fixed up kid."

Keegan mixed the water with the dust and quickly stirred it, the consistency of the mixture thickened, he put in the cuts and placed it on the flame, his hands were shaking like crazy. "It will be okay, it will be okay." Keegan thought to himself. He topped off the cauldron and looked at the clock timing thirty seconds. Keegan took it off the fire and tipped Tommy's head back "This will be hot." Keegan poured the potion down his nose and continued to pour while Tommy lightly choked "Almost done."

Keegan tipped the rest of the potion down and felt Tommy's forehead, his temperature was indeed going down, did he make it right, Keegan was scared during the entire thing but it had looked like he made the potion correctly, even though Professor Destan would find something wrong. "Uhm Professor I think I am done?" He looked at Tommy "How do you feel?"
Back to top Go down
Angelo Roncalli
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Angelo Roncalli

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 am

Angelo jolted when Professor Destan closed the door with a slam, averting his gaze quickly from Keegan to the professor. His eyes widened when a frothy purple concoction was set before him. He looked up at the professor, but chose not to disobey him.

He drank the whole thing in one gulp.

And then, nothing happened for a half a minute. Until he tasted strawberries. His mouth started feeling blocked, and no sooner than that he felt his mouth foaming.

In panic he glanced at Keegan, who seemed to be in an equal state of alarm, and then the both of them looked at their Professor.

Instructions were given, and with that, he had a minute to remain calm, breathe through his nose and hope that this potion doesn't get worse.
Back to top Go down
Aluin Destan
Potions Professor
Potions Professor
Aluin Destan

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:47 pm

"None of these symptoms are harmful or even NEARLY fatal. In fact each one smells or tastes delicious! Other than Rose, whose gonna have a woozy tipsy couple of minutes." He said and laughed. "They are fine, calm down, relax. 30 seconds left to finish." He watched as Keegan finished and went to help Thomas. "You had just a tadbit too much water or the effect would be quicker, but that comes with practice." He said and smiled, nodding. "But overall well done. He shall be fine in moments. You may take a seat Mr. Parker."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 am

Keegan returned to his seat behind Angelo and rubbed his back whispering "It's okay." If Lyrick couldn't do the antidote Keegan would probably jump up and do the potion his self. Keegan monitored Lyrick's motions, hoping it would be done in time. Would Professor Destan have the antidote already at hand? Keegan secretly hoped so, but he knew that it would be the correct and proper thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Gaspard Kylar

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Watching the scene unfold Gaspard rather liked this method. It was what would happen in a real life situation. What better way than a simulation to learn from. Reading the instructions, the teen felt the corners of his mouth curl up. The professor had practically spelled it out which potion was for which poisoned student. That didnt mean however that he was immune from nervousness as he took the bezoar back to his seat. Glancing at Rose, Gaspard followed the directions.it was a little challenging making the water the correct temperature. Crumbling the bezoar his eyes never left the cauldron. When it was the proper shade, he bottled some and made sureb the stopper was secure before shaking it. Mentally he counted to thirty not wanting to go under or over the time limit. There were reasons for timings in potions. That was tbe lure for him. Gaspard thrived on the challenge.
Holding up his vial so the professor could see, Gaspard went to kneel by Rose. Unstopping the seal, he placed the vial under her noise like one would smelling salts to someone who'd fainted.
Back to top Go down
Dakota Dalish
Adult
Adult
Dakota Dalish

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:37 am

Dakota Dalish sat in the middle of the class, watching curiously. She'd jumped when the door slammed and grinned, nervously, for the three who had now downed the vials. She could already tell this was going to be yet another interesting year. She took notes, scribbling down the three antidotes written for the three 'healers', as well as the ingredients, then sat back and observed.

While indeed the lesson began with a radical bang, Koda could only hope the class would continue with the same spice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chatact.com/as.phy.xi.ate.
Rose Saunders
Prefect
Prefect
Rose Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:41 am

Rose had passed out before she could see if Gaspard had arrived to class yet. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up to see Gaspard leaning over her. Her brows furrowed as her head continued to spin. She groaned. "What happened?" She muttered, trying to sit up and take a look around, but her head just wouldn't let her. She sighed and gave up, lying there for a few minutes, questions running through her mind. She turned slightly to the left and right and saw the cauldrons lying about and it started to come back to her.

"Oh!" Rose exclaimed excitedly. "Thanks Gaspard," she smiled, not wanting to admit that she hadn't been sure he would show up in time to cure her. She sat up and looked around, it seemed as if Thomas was now cured and a girl she couldn't remember seeing before had joined the class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:19 am

Rochelle jumped as the professor slammed the foot and gave potion bottles to Rose,Thomas and Angelo. She wrote notes on what was happening and the reactions, she watched as Keegan cured Thomas and how Gaspard cured. She wanted to be picked to be healer, all she ever studies for was to be a healer. She opened her textbook atthe first page and began reading until professor was ready to speak.

Rochelle wasn't in the potions classroom for the first lesson and hoped she didn't miss out on much, she read the potions book back to front but no information just stayed in her head, hopefully taking potions will help her memorize important information for being a healer.
Back to top Go down
Aluin Destan
Potions Professor
Potions Professor
Aluin Destan

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:12 am

Aluin smiled as he watched everyone successfully complete their missions. He sat on his desk and frowned. "Do you all trust me? As a professor? An adult? A potions master? If you do, I don't EVER want to see such hesitation AGAIN in my classroom!"

He glared at his students. "Congratulations on correctly performing your potion, Gaspard, yours could have used less water... But it still was fine..." He said and sighed. "This is an entry level class, not all of you have chosen your careers yet, but if you can't trust me to have a backup in case your potion fails... Then I will not have you in my class. To those who watched, take notes, and I want you all to write a paragraph for tomorrow about the good and BAD qualities of potions. Bring it with you tomorrow." He said and then started cleaning up supplies. "That's all for today. Leave now."

**End of day 1*

[[Please reply with coming to class the next day.]]
Back to top Go down
Dakota Dalish
Adult
Adult
Dakota Dalish

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:55 am

Dakota sauntered into the room, day 2 of potions, and reclaimed her prior seat. From her bag she removed her notebook and began reading over her assigned work since she had a good 8 minutes before class officially started.

Her quill tapped down the page as she reread it, mumbling to herself:
" Potions: Good & The Bad
The hero of the cauldron, the villian of the stir, potions serve both light and dark purposes. There are cures for numerous ailments, jinxs, poison and then of course there are the causes for such things in quite the same way, all from mixing heat, magic and few choice ingrediants.....
"

Sighing she began to scribble out the repetition and unnecessary metaphor and rewrite it, looking up finally as she heard someone else in the room as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chatact.com/as.phy.xi.ate.

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:35 am

Rochelle looked at her watch as she entered the classroom and sitting in the middle of the classroom. She took out her homework and began reading over it in case there was any mistakes.

The Good and Bad Qualities of Potions

The good quality of a potion is to read the instructions carefully in the method shown. It is ideal to make sure have all the apparatus needed for the potion. You must add te right amount of ingredients and not to add what you want to the potion. That is what a good quality potion is.

The bad quality of a potion is adding different ingredients. Adding your own ingredients can lead to explosives, poisons and much more. Not following the method is just as bad, mixing up the steps to the correct potion.
Back to top Go down
Rose Saunders
Prefect
Prefect
Rose Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Rose walked slowly down to the dungeons, she was in no rush since she was still pretty early. She finally saw the doorway and glanced down at her watch, there was still a few minutes before class started. She took a seat in the middle of the room, smiling at the other two girls already there. "Hello," she mumbled, as she pulled out her homework assignment. She had enough time to look it over once more.

"Good and Bad Qualities of Potions

Potions, like most things have both good and bad qualities. Some good qualities that potions have, is what they can do for us. Potions play such an important role in how we take care of ourselves. Without potions half of the ways we heal one another wouldn't be there. It is because of potions that we have the ability to regrow bones or just to preform a task that you find more difficult with a wand. Potions make a good alternative when you're wand is incapacitated. There is a lot to look forward to with potions unless you do the wrong thing.

Some bad qualities that potions have is how easily it allows wizards to kill one another without anybody being aware of it. An potions have to be created in such a precise manner or something can go wrong. Either the potion won't work, work in a way it's not supposed to, or explode when the wrong ingredient is used.

She bit her lip when she finished reading, it hadn't been up to her usual standards, but her lack of sleep left her a bit brain dead. She sighed, and hoped he wouldn't be too harsh on her. An if he was she would just have to make it up some how. Rose detested failing more then anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes   Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson 2 - Antidotes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion :: Classes-
Jump to: