Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serafina Krest
Music Professor
Music Professor
Serafina Krest

Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music Empty
PostSubject: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Serafina entered the lass with a bright smile on her face. She enjoyed getting there early. Today she kept her blonde hair swept up into a ponytail, wore a grey pair of slacks, and a blue blouse. She was wearing slippers...

Until she took them off and slipped them by her door. She'd let her students have the same choice.

"Rochelle Jacobs, Alura Valdez, Adrienne Bouvier." She frowned. The only two who'd obeyed and put in the syllabus. Sighing and shaking her head she'd try to make house points EXTRA available. Getting up and figuring since she didn't have a big room she wouldn't need all the desks and chairs moving into the storage room she pulled out three bean bags, a rug, and a small desk. She had roughly thirteen minutes before class started. She cast a shrinking spell on the desks and chairs and bent to collect them all when she got up she shoved them in her desk which she'd cast an undetectable extension charm on.

Putting the rug in the middle and then the table on top she surrounded that spot by bean bag chairs. Using her wand again she transfigured a book into a guitar and made the chairs slightly bigger as well as making them with more fluff and a warming spell. Snapping her fingers she asked for an elf who she squinted herself with: Poppi.

"Poppi, darling can you please get me some cups of water?" She asked the elf smiling. Nodding he disappeared momentarily before reappearing before Sera with the cup. Tossing him a sickle and not letting him leave without it she placed the water on the table and sat on her desk.

"Welcome to music." She greeted smiling and cross crossing her legs on the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Alura walked her way into the music classroom early to find a seat as far to the wall as possible, just to avoid everyone else. Alura wasn't very friendly to other people after what happened over the summer.. But to see no chairs in the room but beanbag chairs. She saw Professor Krest sitting on her desk, she seemed very happy.

Alura sat on the beanbag on the very end taking out her parchment and quill ready to take notes or write something down. She was pretty confident in music as it was her strongest subject, she thought that she was a good singer and it was a good way of letting out her emotions. She snuck in the school during the summer to write a song but was later on caught by Professor Donovan.

Alura clutched her song in her hand thinking to show Professor Krest her song and correct any mistakes, she even thought about singing it to her. Alura quickly snapped out of her thoughts as a familiar face entered the room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:17 am

Rochelle entered the room with a smile and a hand full of flowers for her teacher, Professor Krest. She expected desks and chairs but was surprised to see beanbag chairs and everything more relaxed and happy. Rochelle was okay at music but wanted to be better at it, reason being she took this class. She saw a girl with Blue/grey eyes and blonde hair sitting by herself looking drained. Rochelle put her stuff down next to the girl and went and gave her flowers to Professor Krest, who was sitting on her desk.

"I picked these flowers for you Miss, fresh this morning!" Rochelle said enthusiastically.

Once she gave the flowers to Professor Krest she went and sat down with the girl. All she had on her face was a blank, dull expression. Nothing else.

"So are you new here at Hogwarts? I haven't seen you around much." Rochelle waited a moment and squirmed into a more comfortable position. "Do you enjoy music at all?" Rochelle finished up and waited for her reply.

"Oh my name is Rochelle by the way, what's your name?" Rochelle said, then got comfortable in her beanbag chair.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Krest
Music Professor
Music Professor
Serafina Krest

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:58 am

Serafina smiled at the younger girls that had entered so far. Looking down at her list she noted that she'd missed out. She had one more student; Clarissa Vernet. Huh must've missed that .

"Oh thank you Miss Jacobs." She thanked smiling gratefully at her student. "Now house points are available. We'll simply allow the others to take their time. Who can tell me what Acapella means?" She asked smiling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:31 am

Rochelle listened as the teacher started talking, she asked what Acapella was. Rochelle was racking her brain and then suddenly remembered.

"Acapella is when there is vocal singing and no instruments are being played in the piece." Rochelle answered, waiting to see whether she was right or not.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Krest
Music Professor
Music Professor
Serafina Krest

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Serafina clapped her hands and grinned. It was good to know that someone was paying attention. She tossed some hair out of her face and crossed her legs. She felt a poke in her bum and turned around confused. Burrows underneath her lesson plans, and her bum, was another student profile. Darn, she thought, I seriously have to reorganize myself. Kaitlen Gem, she mused silently.

"Congratulations Miss Jacobs you've just earned your house a point. And let me just begin by saying we'll have some boring things to do first. Like making sure you know your musical talents and terms. Next lesson or semester will be entirely different. Is there any instrument you have. Can anyone tell me what baritone means and if you can give us an example." She smiled at her students.
Back to top Go down
Kaitlen Gem
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Kaitlen Gem

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Kait walked in. "Hello, I am Kaitlen. I am new- so I got a bit lost." She swear, Drumstrang was less confusing than Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Krest
Music Professor
Music Professor
Serafina Krest

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Serafina smiled and looked at the time. She didn't have much longer. They'd continue this lesson tomorrow upon acapella and instruments.

"Welcome Kailten: my name is Serafina Krest call me Sera, Serafina or Miss Krest if you'd like. Now this lesson will be continued tomorrow if you guys wouldn't mind." She stated smiling. "Plus we'll be adding more fun musical stuff my protegees. Be on your way now!" She exclaimed smiling.
Back to top Go down
Clarissa Vernet
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Clarissa Vernet

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 am

Clarissa ran down the hall to some student's exiting the classroom. She hoped this really was the right one this time.
"Sorry I'm late but I'm new to this school. I think I was going in a circle..." Beaxutons was this big but then again there wasn't as many students there as there is here she thought.
"Umm, was there homework?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:25 am

Rochelle was on a role, she also knew what baritone was but she would let the others answer what it was. She cleared her throat and waited for the other girls to speak. Rochelle never played an instrument before, most of this was new to her. But coming to this class was to learn the new things, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:36 am

So are you new here at Hogwarts? I haven't seen you around much. The girl, Rochelle spoke to her. No one was ever that kind enough to speak to her. Alura wasn't really keen on talking that much to people, unless they made an effort to speak to her she didn't really bother. This girl was wild and crazy, she could tell by the way she couldn't sit still.

"Yes, I'm new at Hogwarts, I moved from Beaxutons... I do enjoy music a bit I guess. My name is Alura..."She whispered but looked up as the girl wasn't listening to her but focusing what was going on around her.

Before she knew it the question was already answered, she didn't know the answer until later on the professor asked what baritone was, lucky for Alura she knew what this was. Putting on a louder voice and cleared her throat she answered, "Baritone is when there is a type of male singing voice which lies between the bass and tenor voices, it is actually the most common male voice."

Alura blushed, she may have added in too much information but sat lower in her beanbag chair.
Back to top Go down
Clarissa Vernet
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Clarissa Vernet

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Clarissa noticed a quiet girl who looked familiar. Oh yeah she went Beaxutons. She thought to herself. She then noticed the girl raise her hand and answer Miss Krest's question.
She saw a hyper looking Gryffindor and a Seventh Year Hufflepuff girl whom she saw at the feast. She wondered if she could befriend them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music   Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences In The Matter-Lesson One Music
Page 1 of 1