Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Ministry Job Applications 1

Go down 
+7
Richard Moriarti
Gluke Barroy
Benjamin Tuddlemere
Graham McTavish
Fritz Eisenhower
Garrett Romans
Katerina Moreau
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Ministry Job Applications 1 Empty
PostSubject: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:16 pm

Name: Amy Granger

Position Requested: Head Of The Auror Department

Why this Position: I have always been fascinated with Aurors and I think that I would do very well with leading the Aurors. Secondly, I also love to put of a fight for justice and what is right, I take orders very well and I am also a very good listener, and I learn things very fast. I am also very intelligent but also very dangerous when it comes to the battlefield.

Example of your work: Amy was in her office when grief struck across her face, news had been leaked about the earlier attack on Diagon Alley, she stood up and went to go prepare the other Aurors. "My dear friends, I hate to say it but there has been another attack, but this time it was on Diagon Alley. This has shocked me as I am sure it has just shocked you, but what we must now do is fight back". She then tossed on her coat and smirked "Let's go investigate shall we"? Amy apparated with the other Aurors to Diagon Alley, the burnt building still were smoking "Why was Diagon Alley attacked? It just doesn't make any sense". Amy ordered the Aurors to break off and look for some evidence on the Death Eaters and The Dark Lord.

She made sure to tell her Aurors if they find anything to send up a signal. She took the first attack, and looked on how they entered Diagon Alley, of course there were many back alleys and such but if she found the entering point she could find their path of demise. Once she saw where they entered she smirked "Of course"!

Accepted~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Name: Blaine Dare

Position Requested: Head of Magical Law Enforcement Squad HQ

Why this Position: With an IQ of over 200, Blaine is able to comprehend any scenario he is presented with. He is able to predict the moves of rouge wizards, and send out his men (and himself) out after them for the Minister. He is very competent at his job, and he does it with ease.

Example of your work:

Blaine slid into a corner, his ferret sticking its nose out of his pocket. Blaine cast a look down at Death Wind before crooking his fingers forward. His ferret hoped out of his pocket and trotted in the shadows down to the man Blaine was looking for.

Pulling his wand out of his pocket, Blaine followed cautiously behind his little animal. Hearing the yell of a man, Blaine sprung into action. He wrapped his arm around the man's forehead and placed his wand at his throat.

"Move and I slice it open," he said softly, nodding his head slightly as his ferret climbed his pant leg and slipped back into his pocket. "Now, the Minister has been looking for you."

Accepted~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Name: Vincent Carter

Position Requested: Obliviator or Head of the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes

Why this Position: Vincent is trustworthy and strong magically. He has some defensive training, but prefers the slightly less confronting position of Obliviator. He had vast knowledge on many things magical, both normal and dark, which would help him in a position in the DoMAaC. He takes this job very seriously, and believes that there are some things that people should be allowed to forget.

Example of your work: Vincent sat at his desk, reporting on the last call out he had been to when an emergency owl entered the room. He removed the note, and the owl scurried away quickly. He unrolled the parchment and read:

There has been an attack on a muggle high school.
No deaths, but a few injured students. We need a team
of Obliviators at the following address ASAP

He frowned and exited his office, memorising the address given. He met up with the group that was being sent, and apparated with them to the school. He registered that there was a selection of mildly injured people, who would need to be treated before they were obliviated, and another group, whom had already been moved for immediate mind modification. He approached the second group and talked to the wizard standing with them. He then lowered himself to the level of a teenage boy, raised his wand and focused hard on what he wanted to remove.

"Obliviate."

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Katerina Moreau
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Katerina Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:23 am

Name: Katerina Moreau

Position Requested: Head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures

Why this Position: Katerina has always tried to fight for the rights of magical beings. It has always been her opinion that people treated werewolves, centaurs, goblins, and many others poorly when they should be given more respect. She hasn't been able to make much of a difference so far, but she's hoping to change things when she becomes head of the department.

Example of your work: Katerina was sitting at her desk when another pile of papers plopped down. She grabbed the sheet on the top and noticed that it was another werewolf registry form. It always made her a little sad when the person registering is a child. She pulled out her date book and scheduled an appointment with the person as her receptionist pushed open her door urgently with a red envelope in her hand.

Katerina grabbed the envelope and ripped it open. "Shit," she muttered. "I need everyone in the main room now." She growled urgently. She grabbed her wand and coat and exited her office swiftly. She found everyone in the meeting room and went straight to the point. "Ok, a unknown creature has been found terrorizing a muggle town. So we're to go on site with the obliviators and make quick work. Remember we are trying to keep as much magic away from Muggle eyes as possible unless it's unavoidable. There's a apparation point close by, here's the address." She used her wand to display it in the air before she swiped it away. "Grab your gear. We will be using stunners only unless it happens to be immune to it. Move out!" Katerina said loudly.

Katerina waited for everyone to gather before she made her way to the apparation point. She quickly apparated followed closely by a few others and she scoped the area. Everything seemed rather quiet, everyone split up into their teams and looked around. She nodded in acknowledgement to the obliviators, but went about her business. They each had their own jobs to do. Her team moved into the forest as they heard the soft crunch of footsteps.

A scream filled the air and she ran forward with her wand held up defensively. "Damn it! Man down!" She yelled as someone else placed an emergency portkey on their coat. "You'll be as good as new in no time," she said softly as she continued to look around the area. When he disappeared she turned to the rest of her team when she noticed the tracks on leading in the opposite direction. Katerina smirked as she pointed up and everyone used their stunners.

The blast ended shrewt fell on the floor and Katerina fought the urge to roll her eyes. All this commotion because of this tiny creature. She placed it in a magical cage and portkeyed it to the ministry. "Ok, look around to make sure it didn't have a mate, we don't need any loose ends." She moved to notify the Head Obliviator that their job was mostly done.

Accepted~

Last edited by Katerina Moreau on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garrett Romans
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Garrett Romans

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 am

Name: Garrett Romans

Position Requested: Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures

Why this Position: Garrett had always been fond of magical creatures, most specifically dragons. He always had a knack for being able to capture animals, in both the wizarding world and the muggle world. He likes the challenge that beasts provide, as compared to the average wizard.

Example of your work: Garrett was walking alone in a nearby forest on fine spring day. There had been rumors that a Manticore had been set loose in the wood, very surprising, considering they were natives of Persia. He knew some jokester or perhaps some dark wizard had done this.

He had discovered this news while passing a small village. Many of its townspeople had gone missing. The muggles blamed it on kidnapping, but the wizards knew better. One of the elders had gone it after it, only to return injured, hand bleeding profusely. Then the rumors were confirmed. He always enjoyed chasing after the creatures in the Forbidden Forest while at Hogwarts, and he figured that he could handle a manticore.

A twig snapped behind him, and Garrett's wand was in his hand in a second. Slowly, he turned around, facing the direction of the sound. There, at the end of the path, was a man. A man with a very long beard. He almost sighed in disappointment, but upon closer, he saw that this man had more teeth than any normal human would have. He grinned, knowing that he had found his target.

"Stupefy!" he shouted at the creature, just wanting to stun it, and not kill it. He would bring it to the ministry as soon as he had finished off. But as soon as he shot the spell off, the beast leaped out into the forest. Garrett took off after it.

Hours later, he had the beast tied up on the ground, stunned, but alive.

Now to get it to the Ministry....

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Fritz Eisenhower
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Fritz Eisenhower

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 am

Name:
Frederick Eisenhower

Position Requested:
International Cooperation Liaison (or whatever someone from there is called) or Head of the Department of International Cooperation

Why this Position:
I (Frederick Eisenhower) am a fantastic International Relations Liaison. I am social and hardworking, and also very persuasive.

Example of your work:
A hasty Floo into the Ministry later and Fritz made it just in time for a quick tea before his routine filing of paperwork regarding delegates from other European Minstries requesting audiences from different Departments.

Tea in hand he made his way towards his desk. Paper cranes and other paper flying objects and animals zoomed back and forth past him, some occasionally hitting or grazing him. It was the usual morning in the Department, when people were abuzz and running about.

After an hour of sipping from a constantly rewarmed tea and signing all the necessary approvals, he sent them away for a department accountant to look over and record, then made his way to a conference room across the Department, where he was to hear a few French diplomats discuss the intricacies of Potions ingredients trade.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Graham McTavish
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Graham McTavish

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:50 am

Name: Graham McTavish

Position Requested: Head of Department of Mysteries

Why this Position: It's all I'm good at, mysteries. I have extensive training in Defense and ancient artifacts. Plus, I'm a good leader even at my strangely young age. (20)

Example of your work:
Graham stared at the glowing box. "Pandorica... miniaturized." He murmured, poking the box gently with his wand. He'd been at the Department for the entire night. He just... he couldn't leave, not with the mystery of the box in front of him.

"What am I going to do with you?" He whispered and it cracked open slowly and fell apart, glowing lights rising into the air and spinning and then falling flat in a diamond necklace, glowing evil. "Okay, mystery semi-solved. Mini pandorica remake makes evil glowing pearl necklaces...." He was less interested in the necklace, it would just go to a different department.

He was more intrigued at why the box suddenly decided to open. He'd find out at work. He looked up at the clock and groaned. It was time for work. He smirked, figured he'd say so late he was early!

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Tuddlemere
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Benjamin Tuddlemere

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Name: Benjamin Tuddlemere
Position Requested: Obliviator
Why this Position: I'm a good spell caster both verbally and non-verbally ways. I'm trust worthy and would never take advantage of my position. Besides I've been flirting with dark arts at some point so I know how they work and how to get rid of them easily.
Example of your work: Ben was running almost late to the Ministry, running just in time into his office stressed enough to crash against his boss.
"Sorry Mr." he apologized, but nothing else could come out his mouth as he found himself interrupted.
-Tuddlemere, just the man I wanted to see. I need you. A kid has been attacked by a werewolf in a park. I need you to go alone, we know that Murrows is not there anymore so you don't need to be that careful, but the kid is really frightened. Make I good job, I trust you - he said and simply left after giving Benjamin the adress of where the kid was.

After taking a few seconds to assimilate the order he has been given, Ben left the mistry again apparating in a street next to the park. Then he walked there, seeing the kid curled up on the ground sobbing. Apparently he only had a scratch on his arm, fortunately, because if he had been bitten Ben should need to bring him to St. Mungo's and later to the Ministry.

Slowly he approached the kid, talking to him in a smooth voice, seeming a nice man who was worried about him. Finally he took enough of the kids confidence so he was hugging Ben. He sighed and slowly took his wand out. First he casted a non verbal spell to cure the scratch on his arm, and then he muttered.

"Obliviate..."

Just when he had put his hand away again, the kids mother appeared in scene, thanking him really much for taking care of his child, and offered him a decent amount of muggle money he ended up not accepting. He wished the best for her and her family and finally left, going back to the Ministry.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Gluke Barroy
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Gluke Barroy

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 am

Name: Gluke Barroy
Position Requested: Unspeakable
Why this Position: Gluke is gifted when it comes to dealing with the unusual.
Example of your work:

Gluke arrive in his office at the usual time 8:07am but this time he carried a small cage that was covered with a thick black fabric. It would not do well to anyone else see his new findings or to stress the creature even further. With a wave of his hand the dark wooden door closed silently except for the lock. Gluke place the cage on top of his desk and moved to close the curtains before retreiving the fablric that obscured the cage.

He couldn't help but smile at the small creature that glow in a unusual shade of orange. He moved closer to the animal that blinked it's big blue eyes at him. "You're quite adorable, you know? I can see why one would want you as a pet" The creature that resemble a cross between a quaffle and a bat streatched its wings and began to float upwards. "Oh, you don't need your wings to fly, very good." Gluke was pleased with himself for aquiring such creature.

He had rushed to his old school as soon as the letter arrived the night before. It seemed that one of the advanced Dark Arts students had tried some experiments without proper supervision and had created this small creature in the process, but Gluke knew better than that. Said student had created the creature on purpose, a strike of genius if you'd ask him but the Ministry officers and the victims of the animal didn't agree with him. Before anyone could harm the poor animal Gluke had flashed his credentials, being an Unspeakable had it's benefits, and was able to not only capture it but keep if for examination.

"What should I call you?" Gluke moved around his office and the creature seemed to follow his every move. "Ack" The animal spoke in a high pitch. "Ack?" Gluke repeated. "Ack!" This time it was louder. "We need to give you a better name than that" Gluke continued to move. "Ack, Ack, Ack!" The creature was even louder and bared it's pointy teeth. "Fine! Ack it is!" Gluke rolled his eyes and the animal flew around in it's small cage as in a victory celebration.

"You probably need some food and water, don't you?" He wondered what kind of food would it eat. Remembering that Ack had bitten off someone's ear and nose off he figured it needed meat. He moved to his parcel and took out his lunch. It was a turkey and cheese sandwich and a note from his daughter, a simple 'Love you dad' followed by a smiley face.

Gluke stuck the note on his planing board and unwrapped the sandwich. "Now, don't you try to bite me" He told Ack before opening the cage's door and placing the food at the entrance. He also filled a cup with water having his wand ready at all times, just in case.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
http://the-dark-arts.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93489
Richard Moriarti
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Richard Moriarti

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:35 am

Name: Richard Moriarti
Position Requested: Auror
Why this Position: I've always been rather fascinated with the organized and selfless way that Aurors worked. Added to this that I want to be able to be able to help protect people - especially those closest to me.
Example of your work:

Another attack had been waged on Diagon Alley, and the Head Auror had assigned him along with three others to keep look out near Knockturn Alley. They had been there for quite some time now, acting as if they were just a group of close friends catching up, so as not to look so out of place.

He laughed at something his comrade said and opened his mouth to respond when a loud bang! resounded throughout the alley. He turned swiftly, wand in hand and aimed at the origin of the commotion-causing wizard. He cast the first curse that came to mind, and growled in frustration when the wizard dodged it. He hissed as a Slicing Hex missed him by an inch, and he knew that he couldn't let his guard down anymore.

Just as he was about to send another jinx, however, a Death Eater from behind, who had taken down one of his comrades, had hexed him and he groaned as he was thrown a couple feet away. He was quick to roll over and dodge some curses, all the while firing back. He grinned as he took one down, and coughed harshly.

It took a couple more minutes that felt like hours to Richard before everything died down. They had captured two of the five Death Eaters, and one of the four Aurors assigned to the place had been taken by the Death Eaters that escaped. It was no victory. But it wasn't a loss, either.

"We should take these two to Granger," he told his two comrades. He raised a brow at their anxious looks, before following their gaze and blinking in surprise at the sight of his blood-stained shirt. He hadn't realized he'd been hit thanks to the Adrenaline rushing through his veins earlier. But now that he had seen it, he couldn't help but wince as the stinging sensation that he was accustomed to (but never welcomed) began.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Charlton Lucas
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Charlton Lucas

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Name: Charlton Lucas
Position Requested: Head of Department of Mysteries
Why this Position: I've always been interested in mysteries and secrets. I'm greedy for knowledge that most people don't know about. And I think I can bring somethig special to this department.
Example of your work:
Charlton sat in her office, surrounded by paper work and nurmerous cups of coffee. Some half-full, others full, and others empty. Charlton had been at work since early this morning working on the mysterious Veil. It had been acting up since late yesterday night and Charlton was on the case. She didn't know why the voices had stopped- she used to be able to hear them and now she couldn't. Nor did she understand why it was changing colors. The whole thing was creepy and Charlton wouldn't be able to go to sleep until she figured this out.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. Mumbling a response, an Unspeakable walked in. "Yes?" Charlton wondered, turning in her seat to look at the person.

"There's been another prophecies has been taken. We were doing inventory this morning and there was one gone... again."

Charlton let out a groan before standing up, "Alright, let's go have a look." Charlton said, before looking back at her paperwork. The mystery of the Veil would have to wait.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Lynette Autumn
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Lynette Autumn

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:15 am

Name: Lynette Autumn
Position Requested: Head of Department of Magical Transportation
Why this Position: Lyn enjoys helping students and testing them in their apparation test. She understands the importance of flooes, apparation, and the different forms of transportation in the wizarding world.
Example of your work:

"Good evening my name is Lynette Autumn and I'm here to test you on your apparation skills now please start over here." She smiled at the student as they nervously shuffled to the red X she'd placed.

"Now focus very hard and you see this X next to my right?" She asked pointing to where there was a red X. She stood only three feet from the person. "Focus and apparate to this point." Watching intently and checking the test she made everyone of her testers take before coming in and noting they'd not missed one she smiled broadly as the person appeared next to her.

"Very nicely done. Now I'll have to test you on a bit further away apparation. Its the same thing please follow me." She lead them into a room three rooms away from the original room.

"Now from this point I want you to apparate back from the original room we came from can you do that for me Mr..." Checking the test again: "Mr. Jeffery?" Nodding the boy closed his eyes and focused and to her pleasure he'd disappeared. Running back to the other room to her relief she saw the boy again standing there looking relieved.

"One more test alright Mr. Jeffery. Again follow me and please stay calm. I'm going to Side-Long Apparate us if you're alright with that." Nodding she grabbed his arm gently and interlocked it with hers sighing she closed her eyes and focused on the room. In a flash they appeared and she lead him to the middle of the room which was a floor above their original destination. "Ok Mr. Jeffery I'm going to ask you to take this doll," transfiguring his test into a plastic mannequin she took it and handed it to him, "to our original destination." Nodding he took it and disappeared quickly she apparated herself down the few floors and sighed in relief upon seeing him there standing with the doll proudly.

"Congratulations Mr. Jeffery I can proudly give you your apparation license. Please follow me and you may go get your father from the other room." Lynette couldn't have been prouder that she wasn't splinched and that the boy had done sufficiently impressive and from the other non-successful tests she'd had... She was quite glad that this one went well. After watching the heartwarming moment between the Jeffery family, she'd seen that familiar look of pride on many others, she had them sign and it was official.

Now she had two more tests to go.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Ulrich Auberry
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Ulrich Auberry

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Name: Ulrich Auberry
Position Requested: Head of Department of Misuse Muggle Artifacts
Why this Position: Growing up he took interest in muggles and muggle artifacts. He enjoys them and loves researching about them.
Example of your work:

"So you'd like a toaster oven here in your house?" He asked the people.
At their nods he smiled.

"Do you know how to use one?" He asked. Their shaking heads confirmed that to him.

"Alright so here you see this dials?" Pointing to the top one. On it had three settings of bake, fry, and warm."You use it for what you'd like to do to the food you put into the toaster oven.

"See these?" he asked pointing to the ones below it. One that said 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500, 550, and 600. "This is the dials you use as what you'd like for it to be cooked at."

"Alright so first you chose what you'd like it to heat up then you pick the degree. For example if you'd like to eat fishsticks you'd place it to bake and at 350. Now you see this pans? There movable so that you may place things in it. You can bake cookies and toast bread and..." His stomach rumbled and he smiled at them.

"Get it?" They nodded. "You know where to find me." He disapparated and entered his office glad it was lunchtime.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Rafael Passinni
Ministry Worker
Ministry Worker
Rafael Passinni

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Name: Rafael Passinni

Position Requested: Department of International Magical Cooperation

Why this Position: Rafael loves the glamour involving dealing with diplomats as well as the negotiations or international laws and treaties. He's a great negotiator and doesn't stop until he gets his way.

Example of your work:

Rafael walked into the ministry as he would any other building, like he owned it. He was never rude but he had this air about him that had people watching his every move, he didn't mind it and instead proceeded to the elevator that would take him to his new office.

He was very exited to start his new job, he knew he was here to help with the overflow of negotiations between countries and hopefully create a better system to make the department more functional but no one had told him how swamped they actually were.

Rafael was to work directly under the head of the department and had spent the last month and a half studying British laws involving imports and exports.

"Hello, I'm Rafael Passinni" He said after knocking on a open door. "I'm supposed to start working today" He smiled at the man who seemed surrounded by mountains of papers.

Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ministry Job Applications 1   Ministry Job Applications 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ministry Job Applications 1
Page 1 of 1