Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking Empty
PostSubject: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Celeste set the last of the utensils on the very last bench that needed them. She'd spent the last two hours organizing everything. As usual, the electricity was made from magic, yet had the same principle as Muggle electricity. In this form it was easier for her to control. She set out a book at each work station filled with recipes of all different kinds. She loved cooking Muggle-style, so this was kind of exciting for her. Then, with little else to do other than wait, she walked to the black board and began to chalk out instructions. Yes, almost everything was done the Muggle was in the classroom, for Celeste thought it make it more authentic.

Place take each item and examine it. Memorize the basics of appearance and what you Kay think the objects are used for. If you do know, do NOT tell the others around you.

After you have completed that task, follow these steps:

1. Select your favourite food that can be used to make something else. (ie. don't say 'lasagna', but you could say mince or beef.)

2. Write down three ways that your food can be used in cooking.

3. Look through the books at your tables for the recipe of one of these.

4. Write fifty words about what things that you have never heard of in the recipe.

5. Last of all, we are all going to cook our chosen dish the Muggle way.

Just as she finished the list she heard the door open and turned around. A bright smile in place, she wiped her hands together and gestured for the student into the room, "Find a work station and take a seat. We'll get into what we are doing in more detail in just a few minutes."

Last edited by Celeste Walker on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mason Anderson
Adult
Adult
Mason Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 am

Mason frowned as he entered the class. He was a spy for his brother. But if it meant Cason didn't keep popping into he and Emilie's apartment, he'd take the class. Plus, he liked muggles unlike his brother. He read through the list and thought.

Select your favourite food that can be used to make something else. (ie. don't say 'lasagna', but you could say mince or beef.) -- Eggs

Write down three ways that your food can be used in cooking. -- Cakes, Egg Salad, Egg Drop Soup

Look through the books at your tables for the recipe of one of these. -- Vanilla-Chocolate Swirl Cake

Write fifty words about what things that you have never heard of in the recipe. - Imitation Vanilla is beyond me. I understand the herb vanilla as it can be used in cooking and harvested by herbologists. It's very natural, but I do not know what could be fake about it. Also, I don't understand the terms such as whisk, and I am not sure what 'beating' a mixture is. Why would you BEAT food?

Mason read the fact he was going to be cooking a cake and the idea of his sister seeing him cooking made him blush.
Back to top Go down
Jason Arden
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Jason Arden

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 am

Jason enters the room meekly, closing the door behind himself. He sees the instructions on the board and quickly carries them out, finding himself a seat and begins to organize the many objects, all of which are familiar in use. His father had kept all of these things around the kitchen. The boy barely contains a wry smile. This class was going to be a cinch!

He pulls out a piece of paper (He was sure to bring paper to school instead of parchment), and begins to write down the answers to the questions written up on the chalkboard.

Select your favourite food that can be used to make something else. -Cheese

Write down three ways that your food can be used in cooking. -Cheese dip, Grilled Cheese, Alfredo

Look through the books at your tables for the recipe of one of these. - (The boy quickly marks a page with a recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo, a tight smile on his face)

Write fifty words about what things that you have never heard of in the recipe. - ....

The boy stares at this last question. Fifty words he had never heard of? In the English language? In the context of cooking? The boy hadn't know he was a wizard until just last year. Cooking was something he did with his father at home back in the States. Jason just stares at his paper, confused.
Back to top Go down
Erela Harris
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Erela Harris

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 am

Erela walks into class and fixes her hair a bit to hide the fact she just rolled out of bed. She places her bag on her desk before looking up at the black board for further instructions. She looks to her two classmates and sees that they have already started their work and joins in with them immediately. She takes out her paper from her bag and writes:

Select your favourite food that can be used to make something else. (ie. don't say 'lasagna', but you could say mince or beef.) -- flour

Write down three ways that your food can be used in cooking. -- pancakes, bread, cookies

Look through the books at your tables for the recipe of one of these. -- Apple Cinnamon cake

Write fifty words about what things that you have never heard of in the recipe. -- How exactly is Rome apple different than any other kind of apple? Does it matter what kind of apple it has to be to make an apple cinnamon cake? I understand that flavor means everything and possible it doesn't have to be a Rome apple. I just want to understand the significance of it.

She counts the number of words she put in for what she never heard of in the recipe and found to be satisfied that she went a little over fifty words. Not a lot, but enough to relax her. She reads the black board again and realizes that she is going to make the cake. She remembers that she has never made a cake before. She's cooked before the Muggle way at home, but she only knew how to make simple dishes. Erela begins to panic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 am

Celeste watched as the students followed her instructions with a smile. She stood from her desk having completed the same questions herself. Walking along behind each of the students, looking over their shoulders and satisfied that they had filled them to the best of their ability. She pointed at the last question on Jason's parchment, the one that he'd left blank, "I take it you have cooked the Muggle way before, then? And Mr Anderson, it would appear that you are.. a pureblood?" She smiled faintly at the question so similar to that which her old school friend Gabriella had asked the first time the two had cooked together the summer they spent in her parents' muggle home. "Nice work Miss Harris."

1. Select your favourite food that can be used to make something else. (ie. don't say 'lasagna', but you could say mince or beef.) Cocoa

2. Write down three ways that your food can be used in cooking. Cookies, Cake, Chocolate

3. Look through the books at your tables for the recipe of one of these. Chocolate pudding with hot fudge sauce

4. Write fifty words about what things that you have never heard of in the recipe. -

"Okay, so now for the fun part. Everyone stand up and select a work station," She gestured around the room, waving her wand to copy each person's recipe, "Organize your ingredients so that you are ready to start cooking. We'll all be cooking something different, including myself, so could we all say what our chosen food it? Mine is a chocolate pudding."

[[OOC- Just find a recipe online for your food and say that you got the ingredients out and measured them into bowls or something. You can go into as much or as little detail with this as you like]]

Back to top Go down
Erela Harris
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Erela Harris

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 am

Erela finds the recipe for her project through the book as she walks to her work station. She lays her book out open, reading through the recipes while collecting them from the work station that was laid out. Sugar, margarine, vanilla, cream cheese, two eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, two large Rome apple, and cooking spray.

Okay I can do this. Measuring stuff at home will be easy . . . just hope I don't burn the cinnamon, Erela thinks to herself. She starts measuring her ingredients by cups and teaspoons, slicing her apples in three cups, waiting for her margarine to soften, divide the sugar, and wait for the cream cheese to soften up a bit.

Erela cracks the eggs and puts it in a separate bowl to stir a bit before adding it in with everything else in a bigger bowl. I wonder how everyone else is doing, Erela thinks for a moment as she turns her oven to preheat to 350°.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking   Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesson Three - Muggle Cooking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion :: Classes-
Jump to: