Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes Empty
PostSubject: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:12 am

Professor Foster sat at her desk and was awaiting the arrival of her students. Once they began piling into the greenhouses. "Hello my bright, young students. Are you ready to prepare yourself for a fabulous Herbology lesson? I am fully aware that you did not have your first lesson but I am very much you all got a chance to look over your Herbology books?" Kimberly chuckled "Who am I kidding? You all did what I would do, have fun and take advantage of not having a class? Am I right?" Kimberly walked around the room with a grin upon her face "I fully understand, I was once in the same desks you were in when I was here, Wow they really need some new desks huh?"

Kimberly smiled at the students "Now, you will be having an amazing lesson today, I picked a good, nice, sturdy lesson. Can anyone tell me what is and what a Mandrake or Madragora does in the magical community. And yes we will be jumping right into the lesson and how to safely extract a Mandrake, pish posh on the nasty, boring book work." Kimberly smiled "Oh yes and it will be worth housepoints as well. But I will only hand out points for answers that are above and beyond average, but you will never be put down for wrong answers. Now do I have any answers?"
Back to top Go down
Rose Saunders
Prefect
Prefect
Rose Saunders

PostSubject: Re: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Rose stood excitedly, anxious to start the Herbology lesson since they had never started one last quarter. Her face flushed with embarrassment as Professor Foster said the no one had probably read the book. That may have been true with everyone else, but she had been diligently reading. She knew that she was a bit of a bookworm most of the time, but she couldn't help herself. She felt more comfortable doing that then hanging out with people.

She raised her hand hesitantly, this Professor was just so... bubbly. It was a big contrast from the other Professors, who were more stoic and to themselves. "The Mandrake or Madragora that's root looks like that of a baby when it's young and slowly matures while it grows. The scream of a mature Mandrake has the ability to kill people while as a baby, will only knock you out." She answered one of the questions, figuring it would be best to let someone have a turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1348109/oxtenshixo

PostSubject: Re: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:56 am

Kimberly grinned "Yes Miss Saunders, it can be fatal if it is fully mature. But what is it used for, something major in History need some Mandrakes. If you love to study Harry Potter's era you should know this." Kimberly frowned "Hmm some students are running late aren't they?" Kimberly sat down and smiled at the students who were here "You can open your book to page 239 to read the work you will be doing today."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:25 am

Keegan walked into the classroom and instantly sat next to Rose. He nodded as Rose answered the question, he observed Professor Foster as she directed them to read their book, he looked up at Rose and smiled "If you wouldn't mind Rose, I would like to be your partner for if that is okay with you." Keegan opened his book and grinned "It is used for the Mandrake Restorative Draught which cures petrification." He smiled back at Rose "You aren't the only one who read their book."
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Gaspard Kylar

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Gaspard could do nothing at first but stare at the professor. At first he felt insulted that she would dare assume that no one would take their work seriously, especially a Ravenclaw. Realizing she meant no offense but seemed that this was her natural personality, the teen relaxed. Opening his book to the required page he raised his hand. He was very curious and hoped the professor could sate it. "Professor, I know this isn't strictly a Herbology question, but I was hoping you could answer this. Are Banshees and Sirens in the same category a Mandrakes? They all have deadly amd impairing effects on humans."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:39 am

Rochelle enter the classrom and sat next to Rose and smiled at her. She had been studying during the holidays to be a healer. She needed to know all of this information or she might fail being a healer.

" professor Foster,a usage of the Mandrake Restorative Draught, which is to cure those who have been petrified. When hearing a baby mandrake cry it only knocks you out, but a mature mandrake can kill. My name is Rochelle Jacobs I'm a first year and also in Gryffindor." Rochelle said, she was full of enthusiasm as she talked and had a big grin on her face.

Rochelle had her head ina book all holidays to make sure he wouldn't fail, intact she even hates the word fail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes   Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herbology Lesson Two: Mandrakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion :: Classes-
Jump to: