Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Lost in time, Peaky

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adrian Donovan
Transfiguration Professor
Transfiguration Professor
Adrian Donovan

Lost in time, Peaky Empty
PostSubject: Lost in time, Peaky   Lost in time, Peaky I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:22 am

Disclaimer: I do not own J.K. Rowlings characters, I do not own the Lord of the Rings, I do not own the James Bond Theme Song but I do own Rory and Chenoa.

Lily was screaming at James while hexing him, Sirius was having an argument with Peter about the exact colour of Camembert cheese, Chenoa was mixing a potion and her twin sister Rory was dressed all in black, humming the James Bond theme song while stalking the hallway that everyone was currently situated in. Remus walked around the corner and came upon them, he looked at them in dismay.

“So glad to see you all don’t need adult supervision.”

Rory ran faster than her legs could carry her through the practically empty halls of Hogwarts, a smile plastered upon her chapped lips as her dark locks whipped around her face.

“Smiggle!” she heard him calling her name,

“SMIGGLE, come back!”

“I want my Lord of the Rings book back you dope!”

Rory yelled, cackling madly as she rounded a corner and plastered herself against the wall, waiting for him to come running around the corner. Sure enough, he came swiftly around the corner, his black hair bobbing up and down on his head. She stifled a laugh as he looked around, panting quite heavily from the chase. Suddenly, his eyes found hers and they stared at each other for a moment, until his odd look of mayhem came onto his face and he began walking towards Rory with his arms outstretched.

“I have you now, you rotten little smiggle,” he said, and just as he was about to grab Rory, she ducked under him and took off again towards the library. She ran past the very angry librarian and made her way through about twenty different rows of books, coming to a halt near the restricted section.

She moved up against the shelf and risked taking a glance out, to see if Sirius was there. He was prowling silently through each row of books, and him wandering around like a cat nearly made Rory burst out laughing and blow her cover.

She slipped out of the row of books she was in as she saw Sirius go into a different row, and silently made her way past all the tables, until she heard a high-pitched shriek.

“There you are!” Rory snapped her head around and saw Sirius running towards her. She screamed and took off, accidentally pushing the librarian over. She made a mental note to apologize to her later as she made her way through another corridor, craning her neck to see if Sirius was still behind her. She couldn’t see him anywhere, so she slowed down her pace to a steady jog.

As Rory turned her head back to the front, she ran into something hard and fell backwards. Two strong hands caught Rory and she looked up into the eyes of none other than James Potter, who was gleaming with pride. She glared at him in mock anger, but then he turned her around so her back was facing him and lifted her up. He wrapped one arm around Rory’s waist and the other around her chest so he could hold her tighter.

Not that that didn’t stop Rory, she thrashed wildly until Sirius turned the corner and saw him breathe a heavy sigh of relief when he realised his prey was captured. Rory could practically feel James smirking, it was radiating off him in his own person aurora.

“Oi mate, look what I’ve found,” he said. Rory frowned and kicked his shin, she felt him wince but he didn’t loosen his grip on her. Sirius leaned on his knees for support and panted heavily.

“I’ve been chasing her for three - no - four corridors. Little bugger never stops…gee whiz…” he managed to get out as he was lost for breath. James and Rory both laughed, but then later realised she was still in James' grip and started thrashing again.

“Let me go you big oaf!” she roared. For someone so small and petite, she was rather feisty.

“That would be dangerous on any day, dear princess,” he laughed, but let her go anyway. She brushed her robes, scowling viciously at James but smiled as she saw Sirius still breathing heavily.

“Goodness Sirius, if you can’t even last for a little race like that you shouldn’t even be allowed on the quidditch Pitch, let alone the team,” she teased, and laughed as he tried to glare at her but ended up laughing himself.

“Don’t pull that crap on me Rory, now where’s the map?”

Rory pulled the small piece of parchment out of her pocket and handed it to Sirius, who started jumping victoriously.

“Don’t think too much of yourself, you realize that I gave it to you and you didn’t catch me?”

Sirius scoffed, but didn’t say anything in comeback.

Ever since Rory was five she had been in ballet classes, put in them against her will, mind you, but one good thing did come out of it; she had killer legs. Anyone who dared to challenge her would always come out beaten. Just ask Sirius.

Rory laughed and walked away from the two boys, though they ended up following her like normal. Upon entering the Great Hall she received many stares, unaware that it was due to the two boys a few feet behind her. She sat down next to Remus, Lily, Peter and Chenoa who was sitting across from her. Remus turned to face the still heavily panting Sirius, ignoring Rory as she realised why the entire female population of Hogwarts had been staring at her. Stupid Marauder Boys.

“What happened to you?” he asked, James had to refrain himself from laughing as did Rory.

“Stupid Rory, she took the damn map again,” he breathed in heavily, Rory was snickering still as was James.

"I chased her for ages, I can’t breathe, I need to re-energize..”

“FOOD!” Sirius said breathlessly. His eyes widened as he saw all the food in front of him and he greedily began to pile his plate with food. Remus burst out laughing, as did Lily and Chenoa. Peter just continued to eat cheese. He was funny like that.

“She took the map again? What did you do to make her take the map again Sirius?” Lily asked, Sirius just glared at her so Rory decided to answer for him.

“He was reading my journal as I wrote in it, I saw the map and saw an opportunity. You know I never waste an opportunity like that,” she smirked, elbowing Sirius in the ribs. He choked on his sausage, spitting it back onto his plate. Lily and Chenoa groaned in disgust and got up, beginning to walk out of the hall. James instantly shot up and ran after Lily.

“Wait for me my Lily Flower!” he bellowed, attracting a lot of unwanted attention onto poor Lily who was red in the face from embarrassment or anger, maybe both. She grabbed Chenoa by the arm and they ran up the stairs. Rory burst out laughing and continued eating, this was a daily occurrence for her.

In Potions, she decided to try and be good, the key word being try, so she pulled Sirius to a desk at the very front of the room. He looked horrified, eyeing the desk suspiciously before finally sitting down. Satisfied with her good deed for the day, she went and sat down next to Chenoa, poor Lily was alone. She sat in the desk behind Chenoa and Rory, praying softly that someone would sit in the seat next to her before James arrived.

Unfortunately, her prayers were not answered, Merlin must not have been on good terms with Lily. James burst into the classroom with over exaggeration like normal, Remus and Peter in tow as his eyes scanned the room for Lily. Once he spotted her, his eyes lit up to see that she was at a table by herself, and he jumped at the chance to sit next to her.

Lily groaned loudly, as James claimed his position next to her, grinning widely.

“Why hello, my Lilykins! Why are you sitting all by yourself? I reckon you need a partner!” he stated, puffing his chest out in pride. Remus and Peter took the table on the left of Sirius, snickering to themselves and a Hufflepuff named Lindsey Chambers excitedly sat down next to Sirius, who didn’t seem to mind.

Rory sat backwards in her seat and looked at James and Lily.

Lily was purposely looking anywhere but James, while James was looking at nothing but Lily. Lily snuck a glance at him to see if he had turned away, and he beamed and attempted to put his hand on her shoulder. She swatted it away and the entire process began again.

At that moment, Professor Slughorn burst into the room and strode up to the front, his extremely large stomach preceding him.

“I hope you all have done your essays on the Wolfsbane potion!” he said joyfully, a large number of groans emitted from around the room as he pulled out his wand and gave it a flick. Hundreds of papers flew to the front of the classroom and made a nice pile on the desk. Lily’s paper was last to reach the pile, as it was the thickest. Sirius’ never left his desk, mainly because there wasn’t a paper to begin with.

“Mr. Black, while I am surprised and flattered that you have decided to sit at the front of my classroom, I sincerely hope that you have merely left your essay, perhaps, in the common room?” Sirius shook his head.

"Your dormitory?” Sirius shook his head again, and glared at Rory when she began to laugh, Chenoa smacked her shoulder lightly but couldn’t hold back a grin herself.

“Well Mr. Black, I will let it slide if you can get an essay to me by Friday,” Sirius’ eyes widened, as did everyone else’s in the room. Since when did Slughorn give Sirius any slack?

“Um…thank you, professor!” Sirius stuttered. James, Remus and Peter burst out laughing as Slughorn smiled and turned his back on his students. Lily just looked disappointed. Rory was doing a happy dance in her seat, Chenoa was stifling a laugh at her sister's antics, of course she knew Sirius hadn't done his essay because she was probably the one chasing him or he was chasing her in the corridors again.

“Sirius, you told me you did that essay!” Lilly snapped. Sirius turned to face her and poked his tongue out at her.

“Sorry mum!” he barked. He looked at James and grinned, “Sluggy must’ve taken a Cheering Potion!”

Lily looked taken aback, but sighed and began to take notes.

"Score one for Rory, nil for Sirius.” she heard Rory mutter under her breath, she kept scribbling down notes.

James took out a snitch that he had nicked from the Quidditch supplies and began playing with it.

Lily looked dumbfounded.

“James!”

James’ head shot up to face Lily as he heard her say his first name.

“Oh Lily Flower, she used my name, she said my name, she must love me!” he stated dramatically. Rory caught the snitch that was buzzing around her head and chucked it at his head which made a small thunk sound.

Lily rolled her eyes and smacked him up the head. Normal people would have said ‘Ow!’ or ‘That hurt!’ but James looked like he had been given a lifetime supply of chocolate frogs.

“She touched me…Lily Evans…touched me!”

Rory felt nothing but pity for the clueless, idiotic boy. Remus, Peter and Sirius burst out laughing, and Chenoa smiled brightly. Lily groaned again, leaning back in her chair.

“You are so annoying,” Lily muttered. James looked taken aback but that was probably one of the nicest things Lily had ever said to him. He leaned forward so he was level with Sirius.

“Padfoot, does she not love the Prongs?” he whispered, loud enough so everyone could hear him. Sirius clucked his tongue and shook his head.

“I do not think she loves the Prongs, Prongs,” Sirius replied. James dropped his mouth in mock horror.

“She does not love the Prongs...how could she not love the Prongs, Rory?” he asked, looking at her. Rory found it extremely hard not to laugh, but didn’t.

“Well, Prongs, for one, I can’t love you when you keep referring to yourself in the third person.”

James clutched his heart.

“She does not love the Prongs either! What has the world come to? Everybody loves the Prongs!” James cried, throwing his hands up in frustration. Lily slammed her book on the table.

“Would you just do the work James?!” she shouted, causing everyone in the room to turn and look at them. Rory moaned and turned back to the front of the room, sliding down in her chair and leaning against Chenoa. Slughorn was staring at Lily.

“Ms. Evans, are you alright?” he asked, looking worried, it was another well known fact that Lily was Slughorn’s favourite student so he always tried to avoid getting her into trouble.

“Oh, professor, I’m so sorry, I couldn’t concentrate and-”

Slughorn raised his hand.

“Lily, I understand. I am sure I couldn’t work in class if I was forced to sit next to Mr. Potter here,” he said, referring to James. The entire class broke out into snickers, and James went bright red. Lily beamed, happy that her favourite teacher thought the same way she did.

“Thank you professor,” she whispered. Slughorn smiled and dismissed the class. Lily was up and out of the classroom before Rory had even comprehended that the bell rang. She tapped Chenoa's shoulder and grinned.

“Lily so likes James, don’t ya think?” she said, Chenoa smiled and patted Rory's head.

“Of course, dear sister,” she said patronisingly, before slowly heading out of the classroom. Rory jumped up and followed her, almost running into James who was moaning dramatically.

“Why must she hate me so?” James complained, gathering his books and following Sirius, Remus, and Peter out the door. Remus sighed and shook his head.

“Because you make her hate you. You’re feistier than a panther when it comes to her and she hates it,” he smirked.

Rory laughed at Remus’ analogy and skipped off towards the Great Hall for lunch.

~O.O~

After suffering through muggle studies, why anyone would take that class was beyond her, and Ancient Runes, Rory managed to grab the map off Sirius again and another chase ensued for twenty or so minutes. But that was before she felt bad for the poor boy, him having to keep up with her and all so she let him eat in peace.

“I really, really, really don’t like you very much at the moment Rory,” Sirius spluttered through a mouthful of mashed potato, managing to spray most of it across the table and right onto Lily and Chenoa. Both of them screamed and ran out of the Hall once again to ‘get rid of the Sirius cooties’.

“You never really like me much anyway, Mr. Black,” Rory retorted, to which Sirius shrugged in an agreement of sorts as the rest of the student body chattered and ate.

James and Remus stared after the retreating girls and then looked at Sirius, who hadn’t even realised that anything was wrong. Then they looked at Rory was was happily eating mashed potatoes with bolonaise sauce on top of it, lost in her own world of thoughts.

“Padfoot, why must you be so disgusting?” James asked. Sirius stopped eating and looked at his best friend.

“You, Prongs, are not allowed to be such a filthy hypocrite! I myself have some very interesting foodish stories…” he said, trailing off.

Rory looked at Remus, James, and Peter, who was eating cheese, waiting for any of them to speak up about the use of the word “foodish”. None of them spoke.

“Um, Sirius... foodish?” she whispered, trying to hide the laugh in her voice. His head whipped around to face Rory and tried to look mad, but failed miserably as he normally did when it came to her.

“You, Rory, are still not forgiven,” he snapped. Rory rolled her eyes and picked up her spoon, flinging some peas from James' plate at his head. He brushed them off his shoulder and went back to playing absent mildly with his food.

“Yeah right Sirius, like you could stay mad at me. You love me too much,” she coaxed, standing up and walking around him. She sat down on his right, her hand slowly making its way towards the Marauder’s map sitting in his jumper pocket. She loved how gullible he was, she made it look like she was going to hug him.

“Oh ewww, never say that again - HEY!” Sirius screeched as Rory snatched the map out of his pocket and dashed out of the Great Hall, giggling madly.

Rory could hear him bounding up the stairs after her but she knew he could never catch up to her. She laughed loudly, rounding a corner and bounding into the common room while quickly muttering a jinx that would be effective for the next person to enter; who she knew would be Sirius.

Right on cue, he burst through the door, muttering a stream of profanities that Rory didn’t even want to think about, for fear they would pollute her already filthy mind.

Sirius noticed Rory and smirked evilly, but as he took his first step he was hoisted into the air by an invisible rope, and then words began to form on his skin, only paint, mind you. They spelt out the words: RORY WINTER IS THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON IN THE WORLD AND I COULD NEVER BE MAD AT HER.

A bit lame, but it lasted for a week, so Rory was pleased. The best thing about magic in her opinion was being able to do things like annoy the hell out of Sirius.
One time in second year she had turned Sirius into a frog with wings, and accidentally forgot the counter curse and McGonagall didn’t know it and neither did Dumbledore, so he was stuck as a frog for two weeks. Rory tried to convince the elves to cook him, but they said that frog wasn’t a food. Rory got so extremely mad, saying that frogs were DELICACIES in France, but they still didn’t believe her.

~O.O~

A week after the Sirius Incident, Rory was sitting in the Great Hall waiting for dinner to start. Chenoa came in and sat down next to her, grinning smugly as she wiped down her fencing sword. Rory groaned.

“Were you fencing with Malfoy again?” she asked. Chenoa nodded happily. Rory groaned louder.

“Why didn’t you tell me? I’ve been sitting in the library all day staring at parchment and willing my transfiguration essay to appear on it! Fencing sounds so much more fun! Especially with Malfoy, even if I don't like him.”

Lily sat down across from Rory and Chenoa just as Rory said this, and rolled her eyes.

“You know I love you lots Chenoa, but sometimes you are so similar to your sister it frightens me,” she said, starting to pile her plate with food. Chenoa looked at Lily in outrage.

“That is so not true Lily! While I do things like fencing with Malfoy, I do it purely for educational reasons.”

Lily snorted. “Yeah and I’m the queen of England,”

“By fencing Malfoy I get to relieve my stress and learn good coordination skills and stay fit, therefore making me healthier and less stressed so I am able to get my work done more efficiently.”

Rory beamed at her sister before burying herself in a plate of spaghetti. Someone tapped Lily’s shoulder and she turned around, surprised to come face to face with three students she had never seen before, but who looked to be her age. There were two boys and one girl, and it was the girl who had gotten Lily’s attention. She had curly brown hair that was just past her shoulders and was generally quite a pretty girl.

“Hi,” she began. “My name is Hermione. Hermione Granger. These are my friends; Harry Prescott and Ronald Watson.”
Back to top Go down

Lost in time, Peaky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion :: Library :: Books-
Jump to: