Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Catching a Disarmed Wand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boris Valentin
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Boris Valentin

Catching a Disarmed Wand Empty
PostSubject: Catching a Disarmed Wand   Catching a Disarmed Wand I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:46 am

I've seen a lot of people using the disarming charm (Expeliarmus) and afterwards catching or having the wand pulled towards them, this is not how the spell works, Expeliarmus either throws the victims wand out of their hand, or if powerful enough, knocks them back. The only instance of a wand being "caught" is Harry's final duel with Voldemort in which Voldermort's killing curse backfires killing him and in the same time throwing up the Eldar Wand as he falls.

Harry than catches the wand attributed to two reasons.
1. Harry is the master of the Eldar Wand so as it spins through the air it spins towards Harry, its rightful master.
2. Harry's skill and relfexs as a Seeker allow him to catch the wand that was already coming towards him for the before mentioned reason.

The disarming spell does NOT give you your oppenents wand. There I'm done with my bitching.
Back to top Go down

Catching a Disarmed Wand
Page 1 of 1