Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Lesson 1 Homework

Go down 
+4
Sophia Summers
Arthur Hurst
Angelo Roncalli
Remus Lupin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Remus Lupin
Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor
Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor
Remus Lupin

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Part 1
Play This:
HOMEWORK

Screen print when you reach a score of 30+, save it in paint, upload it on photobucket,etc.
Then post the screen print below.

Part 2:
QUIZ (KINDA!!)
Question 1:
Why are there different movements for spell casting in defense?

Question 2:
If you never plan on going out in the world, why even train for defense?

Question 3:
What has this lesson taught you?
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsfc.rpg-board.net
Angelo Roncalli
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Angelo Roncalli

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Part 1:
Lesson 1 Homework DADAhw

Part 2:
Q1: Casting and Wand Movement determines what magic you want to access in the ether. Verbal Incantation on the other hand activates that magic. hence, a spell Casted with enough precision is tapped with easier, making it possible to be cast non-verbally.

Q2: Because there is still the probability that in time, the world would drag you out of your seclusion and interact with you in ways that would require Defense to solve or survive.

Q3: This lesson has taught me the spells which have a normal or practical use in life can also be used in unconventional, inventive ways. Accio for example can be used offensively, when summoning something between you and the intended target.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Hurst
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 am

Lesson 1 Homework Homewo12

Q1~
There are different motions for casting spells because that way, the wand will never get confused when you utilize it for casting, because you have developed this motion for a specific spell.
It also significantly reduces the chances of miscasting a spell when using non-vocal spell-casting.

Q2~
There is always the distinct possibility that someone or thing in that outside world may come and attempt to force you out into that world, in which case you will have to assert your position, possibly by less peaceful methods, to stay indoors.
In other words, Just because you do not intend to approach the outside world, does not mean the outside world may not attempt to approach you.

Q3~
This lesson has taught me many different attributes of pre and post full werewolves, and how to possibly identify them. The homework has allowed me to practice my different spell motions, and improve upon them.
Back to top Go down
Sophia Summers
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Sophia Summers

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 am

Part 1
Lesson 1 Homework Homework-1

~Q1:
Different wand movements mean different things for different spells like expelliarms is a flicking motion for it's meant to flick the wand out your hand. I think there different movements because of the meaning of the spells and because there's no confusion in spells.

~Q2:
Because even though you may not think it, but there's evil no matter where you go in the world and you must be prepare for the outcomes out of it. Even though evil may be in the world evil can come to you in many ways.

~Q3:
This lesson taught me the different attributes of werewolves and how they go through there transformation. It also taught me the aspect from the werewolves point of view as well as the human point of view as well.
Back to top Go down
Rose Saunders
Prefect
Prefect
Rose Saunders

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

Part 1:
Lesson 1 Homework DADAHW2

Part 2:
Q1. There are different movements for spell casting in defense to give the caster more control. If there is a specific movement attached to a spell it is easier to allow the magic to act as it's supposed it. Without that movement a lot of spells would be too difficult to cast because they wouldn't have the focus to cast them.

Q2. Even if you have no intention of going out into the world it doesn't mean it's not going to come to you. There could be a situation you're in where you need to protect yourself or others. It's always good to know how to defend yourself regardless if you think you'll need the knowledge of not because you never know what could happen.

Q3. This lesson has taught me that there are many spells that are sometimes overlooked for the more used spells. That even a simple spell can have a tremendous effect in the right situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1348109/oxtenshixo
Keegan J. Blacknight
Adult
Adult
Keegan J. Blacknight

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 am

Lesson 1 Homework Homework-1

~Q1:
Different wand movements for different spells means different wand movements. If we had the same wand movements for every spell we will get very confused. Different wand movements act as specific job like Expelliarms which is a flicking motion with the wrist which flicks the wand out of the enemies hands. I think that some of the different wand movements are based on the name of the spell or charm.

~Q2:
There's always going to be evil no matter where you go, and trying to get away from it is impossible. There's always a time when you need to protect a friend or a love one that's in trouble. It's always good to know defensive spells for you never know when your going to need them.
~Q3:
This lesson taught me that different wand movements are used for different spells but also they have there different affects on them.
Back to top Go down
Paige Hollands
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Paige Hollands

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 am

Part 1:

Lesson 1 Homework DADA2

Part 2:

Q-1:
Every spell needs a certain movement in order to be cast. It keeps each spell original. If all spells had the same move, it is very easy to attempt to cast one spell and end up casting another, something very dangerous in the magical world.

Q-2:
It is essential that all witches and wizards have some sort of defensive background in the magical arts. Even if one has no intention of going out into the world, you cannot be positive that nothing will happen to them. Unless one is able to see the future, you never know what exactly is going to happen to you.

Q-3:
This lesson has taught me all about the different attributes of werewolves, and has helped me to sort out the myths of these creatures from the true facts. For instance, I have learned that while under normal circumstances, without any outside help, a werewolf once transformed will lose himself entirely, unless they have taken a special potion called wolfsbane potion which allows the transformation to still be performed, but also keeps the human in control.

Last edited by Paige Hollands on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better Score)
Back to top Go down

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 am

Part 1:
Lesson 1 Homework DADAHW4

Part 2:
Q1- A lot of spells have different wand movements so it's easier to differentiate between spells being cast. When we first learn how to cast spells it's difficult to concentrate and properly cast what we want. Having a certain wand movement makes learning and casting a spell easier. When magic was first used it was very chaotic as wizards and witches had difficulty casting. It takes a lot of focus to cast without wand movements because you have to be able to visualize the effects of the spell being cast.

Q2- It's always important to have knowledge of defensive magic. Regardless of your intentions of going out into the world or staying in. A future isn't necessarily set in stone and it's difficult to know with absolute certainty that you will never find yourself in harm's way.

Q3- This lesson has taught me a lot about werewolves that I hadn't known before. An that the wizarding world has come a lot way when it comes to the discrimination of werewolves. As a whole, the wizarding world is a lot more open about werewolves living among us and being apart of society.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Blackwell
Adult
Adult

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:36 am

Lesson 1 Homework HomeworkDADA

Part 2:
QUIZ (KINDA!!)
Question 1:
Why are there different movements for spell casting in defense?
There are many differnt reasons for different movements. Moving your wand the right way gives you the desired effect of the spell. If the wand movement is wrong your spell either will not work or backfire on you.

Question 2:
If you never plan on going out in the world, why even train for defense?
There are many benfits to training in defense even if there is not a place to use it. You may be called out in a duel or need it to protect someone you love.

Question 3:
What has this lesson taught you?
I Have learned that there are alot of spells out there that are used for many different things. Also that if a wand movement is not correct that the spell will not work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lesson 1 Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 Homework   Lesson 1 Homework I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesson 1 Homework
Page 1 of 1