Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

General Hints and Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

General Hints and Guide Empty
PostSubject: General Hints and Guide   General Hints and Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 am

This is a topic to help tackle the problem of 2D characters, or 'flat' characters. This helps people to create well-rounded characters. Note, I'm not saying that I'm the best, RPer, far from it, as I intend to use resources from multiple sites and ask multiple people on this site, in order to make a fair and useful guide for everyone.

How to make a character less 2D

One way to make characters less 2D, is when you make them to pick specific things that show they're human. If this is a student, this can be something like a class they don't do very well in, or a fear so bad it's a phobia. This helps create a hole so that your characters won't be Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu. The next step is to make sure that you don't let your characters overcome it all the time. If it's something they really struggle with, then yes they will succeed sometimes, but a lot of times they won't.
Back to top Go down

General Hints and Guide
Page 1 of 1