Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.

Go down 
+8
Thomas Lupin
Liz McCutney
Castor Lestrange
Anastacia Vernz
Gavin McNeil
Lyra Pendragon
Demi Trason
Adrian Donovan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrian Donovan
Transfiguration Professor
Adrian Donovan

Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 am

Dear students,

It has come to my attention that not only have people been slack with my class but there has been very little posting. If you have signed up for my class, then you must attend. I'd like to actually finish a class instead of just deleting it because you have gotten slack. I have notified the Admins of my inability to post straight away but that doesn't mean you can't interact with people and keep the class going.

If no one attends from now on, your character will be kicked out of my class and you must explain to the headmistress why. I will make a thread for those who do not attend, detention will be in my classroom and I can guarantee it will not be pleasant.

I have a class list, if I do not see everyone post then everyone taking my class will suffer. No more Mister Nice Guy. If you know one of your characters is not going to be present for class then I require an owl regarding why. Depending on whether or not it is a worthy enough excuse will depend on how well you're good at telling the story. Be honest with me and I'll be honest with you. Simple.

Thank you,

Professor Donovan

Class List:

Anastacia Hilden - Warning Issued, status pending.
Kimberly Merdalos - Warning Issued, status pending.
Jazz Tonts - Warning Issued, status pending.
Liz McCutney
Adelaide Keane - Warning Issued, status pending.
Rochelle Jacobs - Warning Issued, status pending.
Gavin McNeil
Adrienne Bouvier - Warning Issued, status pending.
Evelyn Carter
Alexandria Black - Warning Issued, status pending.
Anastacia Vernz
Keaira Dusk - Warning Issued, status pending.
Castor Lestrange
Jade Megido - Warning Issued, status pending.
Matthew McKinlsey- Warning Issued, status pending.
Leopold Burton- Warning Issued, status pending.
Thomas Lupin
Demi Trason
Lyra Pendragon
Dyten Gryn
Victoria Donovan

---

Professor Donovan strutted confidently into his classroom, organising the desks in rows. No one could sit at the back away from him and hide, no this class he was going to show the ugly side of transfiguration. He was going to show the students what harm can happen if one was to cast the wrong spell, how to fix it and what signs you must watch out for.

He didn't touch anything else, leaning against his desk he saw the first lot of his students file in. He had also arranged the desks per houses, the chairs color coordinated. All he did was nod in acknowledgement, a serious look upon his features.

As the whole class sat down, he pulled out his class roll and began marking off students.

"Ah... I see someone isn't here... you students do know that if someone does not show up, the whole class suffers... no?"

Last edited by Adrian Donovan on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:17 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Demi Trason
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Demi Trason

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 am

Demi entered the class room nervously. She had something bad for breakfeast and threw up repeatedly. She was determined to make it through class however; why miss a class due to a little bad breakfast? She sighed and smiled at Professor Donovan.

"Good morning Professor Donovan," taking a seat at the Ravenclaw tables she nervously wrung her fingers together.
Back to top Go down
Lyra Pendragon
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Lyra Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Lyra walked slowly into the classroom, her head hanging low and eyes puffed. She hadn't had a wink of sleep last night and now she was suffering.

Huffing, she threw her bag down next to the empty Hufflepuff desk and sat, nodding silently to the professor. All she needed now was a detention to brighten her day.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:04 am

Gavin sat in the back, rolling his eyes. Liam was just going to LOVE this. Gavin hated class. He was good at every subject except defense, so he just didn't attend classes. He was too smart for the mediocre magic. Just being here made Gavin want to shove it in Liams face that he attended.
Back to top Go down
Anastacia Vernz
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Anastacia Vernz

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:25 am

Ana walked inside scanning the room for familiar faces... none, except forthe guy that kept staring at Liam. She frowned and whent to sit as far from him as possible.

"Good morning, Professor" she smiled at the older man and moved to a chair close to the window. She decided it was worth keeping the apparencies and promptly pulled out he book, ink quill and parchment before resting her hands on he lap like her mother tought her.
Back to top Go down
http://the-dark-arts.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93489
Castor Lestrange
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Castor Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Castor dropped his bag and slumped over his desk. He didn't pay any attention to the other students. The boy just wanted this class to be over with. It took him forever it seemed to get the first lesson down. He didn't even want to think of what they were going to be doing this lesson. Stifling his groan, he kept his chin on his desk as he gazed to the front of the classroom. Did the professor really have to make everyone suffer just because someone didn't show. Why didn't he just make that person suffer instead of everyone? It wasn't their fault if the person was a slacker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:23 am

Evelyn was sure that she was finally on time for a class. Most days, she was at least a couple of minutes late and she hated that her once pristine punctuality was disrupted. Though, she believed it was most definitely worth it. Professor Donovan had instructed them last time that he wasn't going to be as lenient this semester.

Entering the classroom, and seeing some of the students already there, she began to doubt if she had indeed been on time. Seeing that the actual class hadn't started yet, she sighed in relief and selected a seat not too far from the front. She loved Transfiguration, and she wondered what new thing that they would learn in this lesson. Licking her lip, she watched the other students for a moment before her eyes rested on the professor, waiting for him to begin the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Liz McCutney
Ravenclaw Student
Ravenclaw Student
Liz McCutney

Blood Status : Half Blood

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Liz did not like being late, especially for Transfiguration class. She also didn't particularly enjoy running, though that depended upon the time of day. She certainly didn't like being late to class for hexing some seventh years (they had it coming to them, she swore). So despite being red-faced and slightly grossly sweaty, she was pleased to find that she was not late for class.

"Hello, Professor," she greeted with a small puff of air, sliding her late-entry story onto his desk before sitting down.

(Psst. That means it's in your inbox.)
Back to top Go down
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Thomas was just sitting in one of the seats in the class, a blue one, not realising how the seats were not colour coordinated, and as he hadn't been told otherwise. He looked at where everyone else was sitting and realised that, once again, he knew very few people in this class, just like the last. He supposed it would be a chance to meet new people however, and as a Ravenclaw walked in, late to the class, he decided on impulse to talk to her. Maybe he'd make a friend out of this class. Pulling out writing equipment, he sat where he was and waited for class to start.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Donovan
Adrian Donovan

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:56 am

With a sly smirk, he glanced at each student in the classroom and stood. He walked between the desks, his glare penetrated each of their gazes... or so he thought and turned on a student.

"Miss Masterson, what happens when a transfiguration charm goes wrong regarding a human being?" he said, stopping in front of her desk and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Go up to the board and write it down," he said, motioning his head in the direction of the black board. As she went to do it, he turned to a young boy recently sorted into Slytherin.

"Mister Lestrange, what's the most ugliest picture you can create in your head about transfiguring someone with the wrong spell?" he said, standing in front of the first year and looking down at him.

"I'd like you to attempt to draw a picture on the other blackboard..." he said, motioning his head to a board beside Evelyn.

Finally, he turned to the whole class with a smirk upon his features.

"Mister Lupin, your daddy might have been co-headmaster and let you get away with Merlin knows what but in my classroom you sit at the Gryffindor seat allocations. Move to that place." he said sternly.

Last edited by Adrian Donovan on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 am

Evelyn raised an eyebrow at the professor's request and she bit her lip in thought. What happens when a transfiguration charms goes wrong regarding a human being. That was a difficult question, because the outcome would be different depending on the spell, and the person. Standing slowly, however, she eyed him for a moment in his slightly aggressive stance and nodded.

Approaching the black board, she picked up a piece of chalk and rolled it between her fingers as she considered her answer. When she decided on her wording, she lifted her hand and began to write.

If something goes wrong when one casts a charm of transfiguration either on themselves or another person, the affect severely vary when taking into account the spell, the person and the environment. An incorrectly cast spell could result in anything from a lasting sneeze, to the change becoming permanent or even death.

Setting the chalk down and having not heard Adrian tell her to return to her seat, Evelyn turned and faced the room stepping away from her neatly written answer. She honestly hadn't known what answer that Professor Donovan was really asking for, and waited patiently for him to elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Donovan
Adrian Donovan

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:26 am

Adrian's eyes turned to the blackboard where Evelyn had written her response, he read it a few times to get it into his own head and turned towards the class.

"That is exactly what I'm looking for, Miss Masterson. Care to tell the class about any of your own personal experiences regarding an incorrect transfiguration spell, how you dealt with it and what you learned from the experience?" he asked, leaning against the wall which put him slightly in the shadows. His arms were recrossed against his chest now, a haughty type look over his features.

Honestly? He was giving the young Lestrange boy some time to come up with something nasty, something interesting.
Back to top Go down
Castor Lestrange
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Castor Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:33 am

Adrian Donovan wrote:
"Mister Lestrange, what's the most ugliest picture you can create in your head about transfiguring someone with the wrong spell?"

Castor jumped at being addressed and licked his lips as he looked up at his professor. The first thing that came to mind was a picture his older brother had shown him once as a scare tactic. Of course Raven didn't have much skill in Transfiguration either, so maybe it was hereditary? That was what he was shown though made the boy want to quickly visit the lavatory.

Adrian Donovan wrote:
"I'd like you to attempt to draw a picture on the other blackboard..." he said, motioning his head to a board beside Evelyn.

Nodding, the Slytherin slid out from behind his desk and walked to the front of the classroom. Picking up the chalk, he swallowed. His drawing skills weren't really all that up to par, but he could try right? Setting the chalk to the blackboard he let out a relived sigh when it didn't screech. That was the worst kind of sound.

Drawing on the blackboard he tried to hear what his professor was saying but failing. He was more or less focused on the blackboard and the drawing he was making. He was trying to draw the picture his brother had shown him. The one where the student hadn't waited and tried to study ahead and had still mucked it all up. The student in question had ended up with odd patches of fur and had some of his insides on his outside.

Finished with his crude drawing, Castor set the chalk down and turned to his professor to see if he could sit back down now.
Back to top Go down
Lyra Pendragon
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Lyra Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 am

Lyra blinked at the absurdity of the Professor's request and tried to cver up her confusion by studying the desktop. The slytherin boy had drawn something that was clearly the artwork of a toddler, she coughed.

Whilst keeping one eyeon the terrifying Professor Donovan she put a hand into her bag and pulled out her wand, just in case. She had this feeling that this lesson wasn't going to go well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Evelyn slowly crossed her arms and shook her head once. "I am not idiotic enough to get myself in such a position. So there is not an experience to speak of.. sir." It wasn't a lie. The only mishaps of such a nature had been in the classroom that she had been standing in, and none were particularly relevant to the current point, and even so they had not happened to her.

Her eyes dropped to the professor's feet, then slowly made their way back up to his face. He still wasn't sleeping very well, and it was making an impact on their lessons. He wasn't feeling the best, so he gave them boring activities. Evelyn still didn't return to her desk, and continued to watch the man from her position until Castor had finished his drawing.

Giving it brief glance, she nodded slowly. She couldn't fully tell what it was, but that was the point right? That some truly horrible things can happen with magic. Sighing, she waited to be instructed back to her seat.
Back to top Go down
Kimberly Merdalos
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Kimberly Merdalos

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Kim entered the class with impassive eyes. She hated this class but she needed to be a good girl for her uncle. To her, if she lost her uncle's trust it would break her. So she'd attend her classes and 'try' her hardest. She didn't want to say anything just in case she snapped at him and got kicked out. Sitting down she pulled out her wand and toyed around with it bored. She narrowed her eyes; this man as annoying her and he seemed annoyed himself or he had a plan.
Back to top Go down
Adrian Donovan
Adrian Donovan

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:33 pm

Adrian watched as Kimberly came into the classroom and made a mental note about her lateness. He pushed himself off the wall and glared at Evelyn, "You may return to your seat, Mister Lestrange, forgive me but what exactly have you drawn for us today? Is that a person with their guts spilling out of their body?"

He asked nicely, tilting his head to the side and then to the other to evaluate it. He remembered Victoria's drawings when she was smaller and knew you had to be nice in fear of hurting their feelings or humiliating them.

"You may return to your seat," he said and waited for the young boy to return to his seat.

"Do we have any volunteers who'd like to be transformed into something that is beyond your views of horror? I'll be performing it as, if I let one of you lot do it.. The counter curse may not work and your partner will be stuck like that for ever."
Back to top Go down
Anastacia Hilden
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Anastacia Hilden

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:07 am

Stacey was not late usually and she was embarrassed that she was late now. She hurried into the classroom, blushing violently.

"Sorry" She mumbled, taking a seat. She hoped that the teacher would not be too upset with her, since it was a mix-up. Perhaps he would forgive her for the mix-up this one time. She wondered if she should volunteer, but she was too shy.
Back to top Go down
Dyten Gryn
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Dyten Gryn

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:35 am

Dyten had been sitting quietly at the back of the classroom, in his Slytherin seat allocation and watched as Professor Donovan was a dick to the class which was understandable to a point. He felt like chuckling at Castor's attempt at a scary picture but remained quiet, he glanced at the male as he sat down beside him again.

"Good drawing," he whispered encouragingly, of course he'd never encourage anyone else of course but a little house spirit every now and then was ok of course. "I wonder if the professor will turn someone into that..."
Back to top Go down
Jazz Tonts
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Jazz Tonts

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Jazz rushed into class just a minute after the bell had wrong. CRAP. She had been busy catching up on her rest after she'd spent the whole night reading the muggle-tales of Jane Austen. She quiet honestly enjoyed Persuasion. She sighed and gave a week smile to her Trans. Professor before sitting down in the third row. She worried about what Professor Donovan would be doing with the drawing. It was horrific to say the least but O for effort she presumed.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:58 pm

Watching as he called on various people to do different tasks, he tried to guess the meaning of this lesson, before being told, quite rudely, that he was sitting in the wrong place. "S-Sorry Professor." he mumbled as he picked up his stuff and hastily moved to the part of the room with red seats. Why hadn't he noticed that before? He supposed he shouldn't blame himself though, the professor never actually stated people had to sit in their houses, so really he couldn't have known. Or at least, he used that to justify it in his head. He grinned mentally at what Evie said, purely because in his mind it sounded as if she was barely putting up with the professor, though that was likely purely in his mind.

Watching as multiple other people stumbled in, he tried to remember their faces, but doubted he could memorize both them and names, especially since they might not even all be called upon during the lesson. He supposed remembering faces would suffice however, and thus tried to at least keep that much in his mind, while looking at the simple drawing on the board. He couldn't quite figure out what exactly it was meant to be, but supposed that it still got the idea of how bad mistakes at Transfiguration could be if the theory wasn't properly learnt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.   Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesson 2 - Changing your appearance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion :: Classes-
Jump to: