Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: The Final Conclusion

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
It is late in the summer, and as the students prepare for the new school year at Hogwarts everything seems well. Maybe a little too well....

Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses

Go down 
+5
Anastacia Vernz
Thomas Lupin
Liam VanDuke
Gavin McNeil
Remus Lupin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Remus Lupin
Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor
Remus Lupin

Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses Empty
PostSubject: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:38 am

Remus smiled and opened the door and then licked his lips, touching his lower lip. "Mr. VanDuke, can you pass out the students graded homework?" He asked and then smiled when the first student came to the door. "Hello Mr. McNeil. You look... good. Did you have a good summer?"
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsfc.rpg-board.net
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

Blood Status : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 am

Gavin smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Professor Lupin. It was very good actually, Sam had his first full controlled change. The mint essence really worked for him! Life got interesting this summer, but I feel a lot healthier!" He had always looked up to Professor Lupin as his own father, since his real once sucked ass.

He smiled and nodded his head at Liam and held out his hand for his paper which he was sure he got a 100 on. He smiled at the man, eyes light and he adjusted his Gryffindor tie as he waited. "What's the lesson today, Professor?"

"Unforgivable curses."

He closed his eyes for a moment and opened them. "Starting a year off with a bang... Nice." He sat down at his desk in the front room and pulled out his book and parchment.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:27 am

"Yes, Sir" Liam moved to get the papers just as Gavin arrived. he didn't have to turn around as he recognized Gavin's scent. He smiled to himself while listening to their conversation.

Liam turned with a stack of papers in hand. "There you have it" The ex-hunter handed him his assignment with a small smile. Gavin had received 100% "Good job" He winked and moved to his own desk. Liam already knew what each lesson would be on but he was still curious. Back at Headquarters they actually practiced the curses, here, he doubted Professor Lupin would allow anyone to demonstrate.
Back to top Go down
http://the-dark-arts.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93489
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 am

Gavin smiled and licked his lips, just for Liam and then held up four fingers to tell him how many days he had left before he'd need blood. He'd lost a lot and wanted to get his vein color on track again. Gavins finger tips were still blue from the last transfer. Mari had let him use her beige blush to cover them up.

He licked his lips as he eyed his paper, hoping Liam hadn't read it. Since in turn.... it was about him. Not that it had his name, but if he read it, he'd know. He folded the paper up and stuck it in his bag, writing the score down on his parchment. "So, how's Thomas doing?" He asked the professor and Remus smiled.

"You can ask him yourself, he's in the class again this year. But he seems alright... He's a soldier."
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 am

Liam understood the message and went back to organizing his papers, he still had to work on his lessons. The werewolf watched the conversation not wanting to interrupt, Remus and Gavin seemed to be on friendly terms. he frowned at the mention of Thomas, there was something about that kid that unnerved him, he didn't know if it was good or bad as he had never actually met the boy, but he heard things, some of which weren't very good. He made a mental note to ask about Thomas Lupin later on once he could get Gavin alone.

Back to top Go down
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Thomas bustled his way to the Defence class. His whole timetable had been messed up in his head, and he found himself mostly going to the wrong lesson unless he stared at his timetable for a good few minutes. He could have sworn someone jinxed it to keep changing! He was pretty sure he was finally at the right class though, and entered quickly, just sitting out the way so groups could have their space, but if anyone wanted to sit by him, then they could if they so desired. He realised a conversation was going on between the Teaching Assistant, his adoptive dad, and some other Gryffindor Thomas hadn't met, but made sure to not attempt to pry, instead busying himself with getting his textbook out, some parchment, an inkwell and a quill, having them all on his desk before waiting for the lesson to start.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Liam noticed the boy and walked over to him. "I'm Liam" He introduced himself, we wanted to learn everyone's names. "You are?" The Gryffindor seemed the quiet type. Liam held out his right hand while holding the stack of assignments with his left. "I'm the assistant" He explained in case he didn't know ant thought he was a creep.
Back to top Go down
Gavin McNeil
Gryffindor Student
Gryffindor Student
Gavin McNeil

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Gavin smiled and turned. "Hey Thomas. How was your summer?" He asked, rather a very talkative boy today. He was trying to distract himself from the teachers assistant... and a lot had changed about himself over the summer. He'd realized someone wanted him that it made a whole lot of difference. He saw Liam introduce himself, thinking nothing of it, a teachers assistant just introducing himself.
Back to top Go down
Anastacia Vernz
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Anastacia Vernz

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Anastacia walked into the classroom with a smile on her face and perfect clothes, after all first impressions are very important. "Good Morning professor Lupin" She waved and sat down on the front roll, on the closest seat to Liam. "Hi, Liam. How have you been?" He smile widened. Ana had been introduced to Liam in the beginning of summer as their families all knew each other. "And how is Momo doing? I bet she's going to be bored now that you're gone." She took out her books, parchment and quill. She was ready for class.
Back to top Go down
Castor Lestrange
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Castor Lestrange

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 am

Walking quickly from the dungeons up to the first floor, Castor hadn't been that worried he would be late. It wasn't that much of a walk. He was a bit nervous about what they would be covering today since he didn't know much about the subject. Stepping through the doorway the boy was relieved to see that there were only three other students. Slipping into a seat quickly, he kept quiet to see what his professor was going to be like. The man couldn't be as bad as his father when it came to teaching could he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:10 am

Rochelle walked into the Defense Againest the Dark Arts classroom with great excitement, she walked into the classroom and saw no one that she knew. She never met any of them before and hadn't been taught by Proffessor Lupin before. With her parchment and quill she sat away from everyone else in the middle of the classroom. While waiting for the Proffessor to speak Rochelle started to read some books that she borrowed from the library, only for light reading, the book being many inches thick. She peeped up from her book as someone caught her eye.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:10 pm

"Very well, and you?" Liam smiled at the red haired. "Nah, I think she's more than happy that I'm gone" He chuck;ed. "Here is your assignment" he gave it to her before handing out the other assignments back to the students. So far it had been an easy day, but the classes hadn't even started yet.

Last edited by Liam VanDuke on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colton Mills
Prefect
Prefect
Colton Mills

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 am

Colton walked into Defense Against the Dart Arts to find quite a few students there already there. Taking in the various students he took any empty seat and started to read his book.

If someone decided to introduce themselves then fine but he had no idea who was safe to approach or not. He was so distracted by all the talking that he couldn't focus though so he closed his book and just sat there and looked at what the board said.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Realising the assistant was walking towards him, he nodded politely. "Thanks, I guessed you were the assistant, and I'm Thomas." he replied, taking the assignment and looking it over, sighing before putting it to one side, face down. It took him another moment for it to register in his head what the other Gryffindor had said, Thomas couldn't remember the guys name, but he was in the same house, which would at least explain why this older Gryffindor might know him, though it was still quite peculiar to Thomas. "It was endurable, and your own?" he asked.

Realising the class was starting to fill up, he was irritated with himself for knowing next to no one in the entire class. In fact, he was sure he didn't know a single one. He just sighed quietly and went back to waiting for what happened next.
Back to top Go down
Dyten Gryn
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Dyten Gryn

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Dyten wandered into class and took a seat towards the back, keeping his thoughts to himself. He had a rough morning, memories were almost recogniseable and they slipped away leaving him with a migraine. He didn't want to go up to the hospital wing, drinking a lot of water he gritted his teeth together and ignored it.

Unforgivable curses. he read, squinting his eyes to look at the board. Greeeeat. he saw a fellow Slytherin, knowing it was Castor Lestrange. He nodded towards the boy in recognition, going back to people watching and ignoring his headache.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:32 am

Remus stayed quiet for a moment and thought in silence. "Okay now that it seems like the majority of us are here... Dyten Gryn, Thomas Lupin aaaand Colton Mills.... Name an unforgivable curse. JUST the name!" He said and smiled looking around quietly at his group of students. "Thank you, Mr. VanDuke. Can you write down the curses as they say them please?"
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsfc.rpg-board.net
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Answer to question posed   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Thomas supposed that no one else was going to answer, so seeing as someone had to start the ball rolling in the metaphorical sense, he just said "The Imperious curse." and then said nothing else. He'd been specifically instructed to not say anything but the curses name after all, so that's exactly what he would do. He hoped the silence wouldn't stick for too long, it was slightly awkward to be the only one to know one of the curses... Not that he could do anything else, but he kept their names in his head... Just in case. He scribbled down the names of all three on his parchment too, just so he had them on paper in case he got amnesia or something. Thankfully though, that was unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Dyten Gryn
Slytherin Student
Slytherin Student
Dyten Gryn

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Dyten looked up at his Professor, leaning back on his chair with a seemingly smug arrogance that only Slytherin's possessed. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at Gavin and Liam.. Weird. He thought, why was gavin in his class?

"The killing curse," Dyten called out, not moving an inch from his desk at the back.
Back to top Go down
Colton Mills
Prefect
Prefect
Colton Mills

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:04 am

Colton thought for a few moments. THe Unforgivables were some of the most well known curses even though they weren't allowed to be used. "The Cruciatus Curse Sir," he said looking around. The Torture curse. Horrible really, at least Avada Kedarva was instant death. The torture curse was like dying over and over .
Back to top Go down
Thomas Lupin
Prefect
Prefect
Thomas Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Thomas looked at the other two who answered and attempted to memorize their names. Dyten and Colton... He didn't know which was which, but at least he had a vague chance of putting names to faces... With a 50/50 chance of him being right or wrong, but at least he had something to off. While they were replying, Thomas mentally double checked the answers on his list, before adding the incantations for them. After completing that he just waited to see what they'd be told next.
Back to top Go down
Kaitlen Gem
Hufflepuff Student
Hufflepuff Student
Kaitlen Gem

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Kaitlen walked in, a bit shy but didn't show it. "Hello Professor." She greeted. "Sorry, I got lost. I am new here- Was at Drumstrang before this."

She missed Drumstrang, but she will have to live with Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Liam VanDuke
Professor's Assistant
Professor's Assistant
Liam VanDuke

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Liam nooded and flicked his want towards the board. The chalk began to move writting down the name of each curse and incantation.

Unforgivable Curses:

Imperious Curse - Imperio
Killing Curse - Avada Kedavra
Cruciatus Curse - Crucio.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses   Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesson 1 - Unforgivable Curses
Page 1 of 1